Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top rand(n) &10+1 WORST songs on Phantom

Options
  • 25-10-2008 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Yes, phantom are running the annual 105 best songs.. so on foot of urgent instructions from Bill O'Reilly we must have a fair and balanced approach... Nominate the most odious tripe Phantom has been playing of late. Following nominations, a poll will be formed.

Multiple nominations are allowed and careful ballot stuffing will be ignored*.

My nomination is.......
    The Republic of Loose Stool Water's appallingly ****e "The Ritual", for which they should be ritually castrated, their eyes put out, their tongues fed to starving dogs, their hands nailed to their hip bones, their hair set on fire, hung, drawn, quartered and forced to give a bayonet a blowjob.

You are of course free to be less aggrieved by your choice.

Seriously, Will Young would be ashamed of that ****. James Blunt would flat out refuse to perform it. David ****ing Gray would of course be more than happy to perform it in front of a large crowd in one of his stupid denim jackets with a **** eating welsh grin on his face. I can only speculate as to the reasons it manages to get airplay.

*Non careful ballot stuffing will be exposed.**
    **The vote will be rigged anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Here is a brief translation of the preceding post:

I do not much like the song The Ritual by Republic of Loose. I shan't be voting for it.

Thanks for that er.... Slutmonkey. Was that name your first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

some people look at the positive .. some at the negative ... sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I'd love to look at the positive in that song.... but there isn't any.
    It's awful dirge that q102 wouldn't play on the basis that it's "too cheesy".
    I was rather hoping for some witty suggestions of other songs people don't appreciate being assaulted by on the airwaves. As per Roisin on today's Phantom Daily, I understand The Killers' latest number is a cause of dissent within the ranks of Phantom. Perhaps other nominations may be forthcoming? Personally, I love listening to Phantom but there are songs being regularly played at the moment that either have me scratching my head, switching to Lyric FM, or in the case of the above, being physically sick.

And yes, Pete, that is indeed my first choice of name. As you well know, a moniker that amuses you is worth any amount of bemusement or ridicule from one's elders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I think what it comes down to is personal choice in music. You can't please everyone all of the time. I personally love the new track from The Gaslight Anthem - 'The 59 Sound' but someone else might hate it. It's all in the balance really!

Advertisement