Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive for xbox360 arcade

Options
  • 25-10-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi guys, pretty new to this so this might seem like a stupid and simple question. Recently got an xbox360 arcade. I have a share of original xbox games. Ive been told that i need to get a hard drive to play these on the arcade.
    Firstly wheres the best place to get my hands on for example a 20gb hard drive.
    Secondly, is it a big deal to get it hooked up to the arcade.
    Again apologies if it seems like a bit of a dumb ass question
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Hi guys, pretty new to this so this might seem like a stupid and simple question. Recently got an xbox360 arcade. I have a share of original xbox games. Ive been told that i need to get a hard drive to play these on the arcade.
    Firstly wheres the best place to get my hands on for example a 20gb hard drive.
    Again apologies if it seems like a bit of a dumb ass question
    Cheers

I read on here a few days ago that microsoft are selling the hard drives cheap to arcade owners so they can use the new xbox live experience coming out next month...

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2008/10/14/european_included_in_xbox_360/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

To answer your question, its easy peasy to install the harddrive, take off the cover on the top of the console, hold the clip on the HD and basically just sit it on top of the machine!

You can play most of the old dacent Xbox 1 games when you have the HD if thats what you needed to know, use the link below to get a cheap 20gb one :)

http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/hh/web/home/hhauthentication.jsp;jsessionid=AB230FF4265E5C11516A29718F2FA8AF?ssLocale=en_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Nope it's really simple. There should be a plastic cover on the top (or side if you've got the console lying flat) of the console that can be removed. It's just a matter of slotting the HDD in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Thanks for the helpful info guys....appreciate it

Advertisement