Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Lawrenson's voice...

Options
  • 25-10-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

....is just pure gold in PES2009.

Someone must've told him to "put more emotion" into his coverage, and quite rightly. PES2008's performance was completely deadpan.

But poor Mark seems to have taken this advice to mean he should just basically shout from now on. Listen for his comments directly after half-time & full-time.

"I MEAN I'M NOT TRYING TO TEACH MY GRANNY TO SUCK EGGS JON..." - omg!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

that ballbag has totally put my off PES.

He just so negative, he's a sh1te pundit too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

He can't "act" commentating at all, he's absolutly terrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Compared to some like bland ol shearer and even bland ol Liniker (reading from his auto cue ) Mark is not that bad .It's Coleman i cant stand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

they should have got Paul Merson instead of Lawro

Magic Merce kick arse on Gillette SS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I hate how both commentators are so negative this year. Things like missing free kicks they say something like 'Oh, he needs to look at himself after that miss' when its not that really that bad of a miss or 'Its still goalless, I don't think we're going to see a goal before half time'. Drives me mad.

Also, I heard Mark Lawrenson recorded his pro evo comments over a phone last year. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

My favourite quote from pro ev - " Im off I gotta catch the train "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Commentating is terrible....apart from Lawerenson's voice the annoying thing is that they just lifted most of the lines from last years game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Lawro is a gimp! Simple as. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

It's back to that old argument about referees who've never played the game at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

armour87 wrote: »
    It's back to that old argument about referees who've never played the game at this level.
    Guaranteed to be said at least once a game. There is another thing he says at the end of games about starting the car and getting out of there or something. Hilarious! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement