Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me describe these players

• 25-10-2008 1:57pm

Mark Rossiter: Right footed, Great long shots, similar to belletti being a good tackler and great passer
    Positions: LB, RB, CM, RM

Ken Oman: Great in the air, fast for a CB, similar to rio with the ball at his feet. not great positionally.
    Positions: CB, RB

Liam Burns: Slow, good in the air, Leader. aggressive in the tackle.
    Position: CB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

help you with what now??????:confused:

help me describe them as a player, like

are they good at dribbling with the ball, fast, good shooting, teamwork, long shots, mentality, short passes and long passes, good at heading, good defensively, good going forward, agile, good at collecting loose balls, good at free kicks, good 1st touch, close control, jump, how often the go forward from defensive positions, how fit they are and how good they are on their week foot :D

so could ANYONE help me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i think your descriptions are accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Not sure what kind of info you want really, you seem to be looking to compare to well know players? I'll give you my personal opinion (as a Bohs fan) on the players you mentioned.
    Mark Rossiter: Right footed, Great long shots, similar to belletti being a good tackler and great passer
    Positions: LB, RB, CM, RM

Rossi is an outstanding professional who'll do a good job no matter where he is asked to play. That shows his talent and how he's willing to do a job for the team, even if it's not his preferred position. Never shirks a tackle and is an intelligent player. He's quick (quicker than he looks) and strong, and has a ferocious shot. Pops up with important goals at vital times.

Ken Oman: Great in the air, fast for a CB, similar to rio with the ball at his feet. not great positionally.
    Positions: CB, RB

I wouldn't have Oman down as a right back to be honest. Never played there in either his first stint with Bohs or his current time at the club. Don't ever recall him playing there at Derry either, but maybe he did fill in there for a while? He's not really a right full though.

He's good in the air as you said, is a footballing centre back and likes to play the ball out of defence and pass the ball rather than hoof it clear wherever possible. He's a tough tackler and is brilliant at making last ditch goal-saving challenges. He can be prone to lapses in concentration.

Liam Burns: Slow, good in the air, Leader. aggressive in the tackle.
    Position: CB

Solid. The guy just never makes a mistake. An unsung hero. He's commanding in the air and has great positional sense. He tackles hard but fair, and rarely misses a tackle. An intelligent footballer, and surprisingly good with the ball at his feet. He's quicker than he looks also, and never loses a 50/50 tackle.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Advertisement

thanks mate thats very helpful

what about glen cronin and brendan mcgill? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is probably the strangest soccer thread I've ever come across- did you blag your way into a soccer journalist job and now have no idea what you are doing?

you know me only to well

Advertisement