Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easy to use software for making drum patterns?

• 25-10-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I hope someone can help me with this.

I'm looking for some easy to use software which will allow me to get some drum samples, edit them, change their tone, etc.

Basically it should allow me to create whatever beats I want in a user friendly kind of way.

I've tried using reason for this but there is too much going on that I get lost!

Can anyone recommend anything?

I don't mind paying, as long as I can use a trial of it first.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

your tslking production so youll need a sequencer like logic,ableton,cubase etc.then youll either need one hit samples(single kicks,hats,snares,toms,claps etc)or a vst like stylus or guru or any drum machine emanulator.reason wont let you use an outside vst so if you go that route youll need one of the sequencers i mentioned.
    but if you have reason already just drag your samples into the arrangement page and build your drums that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Battery 3 by Native Instruments is one of the best and can be used as a standalone as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jev/N wrote: »
    Battery 3 by Native Instruments is one of the best and can be used as a standalone as well
    can you bounce out your drum patterns on that as a stand alone.i never used it before.can you define a lenght?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

the Redrum in Reason is actually a very user friendly drum machine. audio samples can be loaded directly into each of the 10 individual sections and then you've got tone and pitch knobs etc. right there for changing the sounds.
    there's a pattern sequencer built into it so it's really easy to get beats going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

i second redrum for reason. simple and effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

seannash wrote: »
    can you bounce out your drum patterns on that as a stand alone.i never used it before.can you define a lenght?

Yep there's full control over all individual beats: time, pitching, ADSR etc.
    There's also effects and articulations for individual beats and overall master effects.
    Oh and you can use up to 128 different sounds at the same time!

One thing though, if you're getting it cracked or whatever, the full version is 14GB when all the samples are included!

Advertisement