Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wicklow mods

Options
  • 25-10-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

someone should get rid of eoin and mikedragon from the wicklow thread.they are a disgrace ans assholes.mikedragon was calling me names in posts directed to eoin.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Needed for valid feedback-links to posts. Level head. No petty name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

are you able to check my private msgs.are you able to send a link from PMs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

darren254 wrote: »

PM an Smod. They have ultimate powah.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if they are name calling in PM's why do you say it happened in posts?

Cremo wrote: »
    if they are name calling in PM's why do you say it happened in posts?

do you not post a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A PM is personal private message.
    A post is in public view.

If you feel there was something wrong with PMs exchanged between you two, then go to the Help Desk and get an Smod to look in to it.

If it was something public, then you can do the same or post links here and we'll all stick our oar in.

Calling someone an asshole doesn't get you going for a good start (or finish)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've reviewed this thread, including the contents of all the deleted posts, and the history of the edited posts.

darren254, it does not paint your participation in a positive light. Neither does you using this language:
    someone should get rid of eoin and mikedragon from the wicklow thread.they are a disgrace ans assholes.mikedragon was calling me names in posts directed to eoin.

Contrary to popular belief, Smods do not have access to PMs, so I cannot review those unless you post them.

Without evidence to the contrary my call is that it's a fair ban and this feedback is unjustified.

again ill ask.can links be sent without being logged in

again ill ask.can links be sent without being logged in

I don't 100% understand the question. Do you mean can PMs be sent without logging in? If that's the question, then no, they cannot.

no i want to post links to PMs but ill have to be logged in for this right?if thats the case will i not be posting a link to my open account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can't post links to your inbox, they won't be able to read by anyone here. It doesn't work that way. You can copy the content of the PM and then paste it but thats about it (but don't go doing so without permission of the other party).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

You can forward the PMs to Trojan (if he doesn't mind) or another smod. You'll get a balanced view.

Don't post PMs in the public domain with out consent from the other poster.

You can't post a link to a PM, won't work. The only way for someone to view the PM in your inbox is for an admin to take a look. Send me a PM with the text. (Please include date and time of the PM as well as usernames and the original unedited text.) I'll review and see what we should do next.

btw it's a long weekend so if we need to ask an admin you'll definitely have to wait a couple days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I think maybe darren254 is trying to say he can't link to posts because he's banned from the wicklow forum and can't go in there and is also confusing the terms 'PM' and 'post'.

Ok, if what SteveC says is correct, then here's the way to do it:

Log out of boards.ie
    Go to the Wicklow board
    Copy the addresses of the posts you want to refer (by right-clicking the number in the top right of the post and choose Copy This Link Address or similar)
    List these in Notepad/Textedit
    Log in to boards.ie and link the posts here, with a comment telling us what your point is about each on.

Note: you won't be able to find/link to any of the deleted posts. However, from what I've seen, they do not help your case at all so that won't be necessary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Wicklow mods do suck

CHD wrote: »
    Wicklow mods do suck

Are you going to back up what you're saying with a specific complaint? Or are you hopping on the bandwagon, making playground remarks and asking to be banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

CHD wrote: »
    Wicklow mods do suck
    That really does contribute nothing tbh CHD....

nevf wrote: »
    That really does contribute nothing tbh CHD....

there must be something in it trojan.the 2 of us cant be wrong.they are a disgrace.especially eoin_s

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

the 2 of us cant be wrong

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

6th wrote: »

Uh oh - looks like sherifu has hacked 6th's account

The end is nigh

/on topic

Yeah sack all the mods because there's been 2 complaints... that'll work.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think they are both grand and it is the forum I most frequently visit. I can't see either of them sending petty messages tbh without very good reason.

Just my 2 cents.

there must be something in it trojan.the 2 of us cant be wrong.they are a disgrace.especially eoin_s
    All I've seen so far are 2 offensive complaints and zero proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eoin_s *checks list* is Not on my naughty list, but then neither is he on my list of drinking buddies, so we will have to see some sort of constructive argument and/or evidence before this thread ends up Cat Food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yes, Darren, I did call you a name. So what? You can dish it but not take it?

Eoin gave you leeway that I would never have.

I'd never have given benefit of the doubt for the old "my friend posted on my account" excuse. When he did give you the benefit of the doubt, you just carried on with more rubbish posting.

As for CHD, you have been banned several times, given I don't know how many warnings and I think it's fair to say of all the people ever to post on the Wicklow and Greystones fora, your contributions have been the least useful.

Using boards is easy if you read the charters before you post. If you don't and then break the charter, you get a warning and are reminded to read the charter. If you then break it again, you've nobody to blame but yourself if you get bannage.

I doubt you'll find too many of the regular contributors who'll have much to complain about.

Complaint does not appear to be with merit - OP has been abusive in the complaint and post history confirms.

mikedragon32, I know it's tough, but try not to stoop to their level when PMing

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement