Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Hilux

• 25-10-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,

Im thinking about getting one of these; http://www.toyota.ie/models/specifications/?model=965D9A88-E096-456F-9CF8-64F3AAF54ED6

Ive have a VW Touareg (commercial) but its time for a change. I like the idea of a pick up because i can throw stuff into it, (im sick of cleaning out the inside of the VW) but im worried about how comfortable it is.

Im a forester so i use the a vehicle for, driving around forest roads tracks and carrying equipment but i also do a hell of a lot of miles, about 40k a year so i need a bit of comfort. I also have a dodgy back (4 operations in the past 3 years) so the "roll" of the vehicle (or more specifically the lack of it) on the back roads is important.

Anyone have one of these (for work, not for posing). Or can anyone offer any alternatives? Price limit is about €35k ish but it must be commercial for Vat purposes.

All advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Know a few people who had a hilux and all of them had the same things to say, they all said they were comfortable and nice to drive, good for a long journey etc, but their one complaint was always the same (3 different people) they said they were deadly dangerous to drive unless you had the back pick-up part well loaded as the rear was inclined to step out alot when cornering, never drove one much myself so don't have any experience of this but you should try to get it on trial for a few days first to test out.

All three of my friends sold theirs on within a few months and bought a landcruiser for the safety reason above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Know a few people who had a hilux and all of them had the same things to say, they all said they were comfortable and nice to drive, good for a long journey etc, but their one complaint was always the same (3 different people) they said they were deadly dangerous to drive unless you had the back pick-up part well loaded as the rear was inclined to step out alot when cornering, never drove one much myself so don't have any experience of this but you should try to get it on trial for a few days first to test out.

All three of my friends sold theirs on within a few months and bought a landcruiser for the safety reason above.

Yeah, i heard that once before. It was on of the questions i had lined up for the Toyota dealer. I wonder if they have an ESP, that might sort it out.

I heard there is a new Landcruiser in the pipeline, might buy a old banger for the moment and hold on for it.

Thanks for that gingerGiant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

bad grip when not loaded is a problem common to all types of pick-ups in my experience, just take it easy and dont give throttle mid corner and you'll be fine.
    Have driven the older type but not the new ones but considering they're reputation(even before top gear had a go at one) id say there the best buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

in the abscence of these babies
    V8+TD+LANDCRUISER+UTE+2007+-+AIRBAG+REAR+003.jpg

thats probably yer best bet, are yougoin for the crewcab.

Oh and MAAAAAAATE its called a UTE!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Did you hear that there's a new facelift model coming next year - not a whole lot of changes really but enough to make me think even more about upgrading my MK4 -
    http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/09/2009-toyota-hilux-facelift-25-high-res.html

Anyone know when we're likely to see this in the dealers here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

so your a forester eh? tr this fella.
    no-image-large.gifEnlarge Main Photo

Advertisement