Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos Interview on Football Focus

Options
  • 25-10-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/football_focus/7690676.stm

Listen carefully at around 4.45 mins (possibly few seconds after), but he seems to say that, it is possible to change the situation if we go a goal up, but not possible if we go a goal down. Hardly what you want to be hearing from the manager.

Some people may argue that he actually meant something different, which no doubt he did, but this is still what he actually said. I don't think this is the man to motivate the players to get them out of this situation. Remember that this is a relaxed interview, in a controlled environment, if he has this much difficulty expressing himself in this sort of situation, what must he be like with the added pressure of match day - and in particular now!

My personal interpretation is that he blames the striker situation a lot for our current see-tu-acion, and i get the impression that he doesn't believe that we can score goals. he almost admits to not being able to do much more than let the players go out on the pitch and hope they win.

Regardless of whether or not the striker situation is to blame - and it is a major contributing factor - we need a manager who believes he can win with the players we have now

Advertisement