Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week in Ballyconnell?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

I've just got the use of a log cabin near Ballyconnell for a week sometime after Christmas. So looking for some ideas from the Cavan boardsies on what's good to visit around the area and how to keep my two kids occupied for the week?

Thanks

ding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

At the risk of sounding facetious, (and I am from Cavan), a Playstation3 and I-Pod would be useful! At that time of year there won't be much to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Come on out of that? What's to do up there? Drogheda has a pickled head sitting in the local church. Has to be more than a that. things to do ..... Restaurants ... etc...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

There might be something on in the Slieve Russell around that time? I'm from the far end of Cavan so I'm not quite sure what there is to do around Ballyconnell at that time of the year...

I'm more looking at whats good to do around the area with kids in mind. Wheres good to eat places to go, walks etc. Towns nearby worth visiting......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There is a cool new kids place beside the cinema in cavan. Kids play adventure thingy. There is another one out the Ballinagh road just the end of the bypass beside the Nissian Garage. Its not Ballyconnell but hay its a for the kids.. Less than 20mins drive.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. I'll have the car with me so driving won't be an issue. Is there anything around Slieve Rushen worth visiting, any walks etc? What villages around (north or south) are worth a wander around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i lived in Ballyconnell for a year.

Eats: paul O'DS Restaurant in Ballyconnell.

also your only a ten minute walk to the slieve russell hotel.

there is a new outdoor pursuits place near ballyconnell as in : outdoor buggy,go-karts,paintballing etc. see their website: http://www.discoverireland.ie/DI/resultsengine/IndividualResultTCS.aspx?touristItemID=70031&type=Activity&LocationID=879&SearchString=&FromDate=&ToDate=&SearchByDate=0&CategoryID=931&LocationName=&CountyID=879&Radius=0&rbSelect=&SortBy=1&SubCategoryID=931

Shannon Pot not too far, the windmills up on the hill are interesting with a great view.

belturbet is the nearest town.. golf, lovely restaurants etc.

Advertisement