Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay Submission

Options
  • 25-10-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

I had an essay due for last Monday, and for various reasons wasn't able to do, so i took the auld punishment of being deducted 10% and having it due for this Monday ie the bank holiday.

Everyone submitted it to the certain subject office, but what should/can i do? Tis a bank holiday?
    If i bring it in Tuesday will i get punished for the 2nd week thing as get marked down 20%??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

This happened to me last year. Lecturer didn't mind when I emailed to them explaining that it was a bank holiday but I'm fairly certain it depends on their own discretion. Best thing to do is email them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Brimmy wrote: »
    This happened to me last year. Lecturer didn't mind when I emailed to them explaining that it was a bank holiday but I'm fairly certain it depends on their own discretion. Best thing to do is email them and ask.

As in they didn't mind you handing it in to them on Tues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It depends on the lecturer bud, hit them an email (maybe attach the essay to the email so that they know you're not using the extra day to work on it) explaining the situation, and hopefully they won't have a problem.

Advertisement