Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City New Shops

Options
  • 25-10-2008 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi everyone, just wondering does anyone have any news on the Coonagh cross shopping centre and what shops will eventually be located there. Jobs around the city centre and the environs seem to have gone very scarce lately. In other news Gamestop seem to be opening very soon on William street and World of Wonder have opened a brand new store in Rhebogue. Any more information about up and coming new stores, must be somebody out there who knows something :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Hi everyone, just wondering does anyone have any news on the Coonagh cross shopping centre and what shops will eventually be located there. Jobs around the city centre and the environs seem to have gone very scarce lately. In other news Gamestop seem to be opening very soon on William street and World of Wonder have opened a brand new store in Rhebogue. Any more information about up and coming new stores, must be somebody out there who knows something :D

Hi Irishman2008. Wecome to Boards.ie!

Before posting a new thread it's usually a good idea to see if there's an existing thread on the same topic (just use the search button near the top of the page).

There's a large thread on the Coonagh thread here. You should find lots of info here.

Enjoy boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

World of Wonder have opened in Rhebogue?

Whereabouts in Rhebogue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 irishman2008

tanks rosboy, i used to work in tesco in the coonagh shopping centre last october and we were told the main shopping centre would be opening after christmas, its been months and nothing seems to have progressed..no shops locating in there or anything..there was speculation that boots and a bank were confirmed but that seems to have died down and there seems to be no tenants at present. It would be a handy place to start looking for jobs though as there seems to be at least 25 shop units in the main centre with an anchor tenant, as for World of Wonder, it has opened this week in rhebogue, not too familiar with the area so I wouldnt be able to provide much information but its situated somewhere around the aldi area out there..brand new store I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Didn't know it was world of wonders, I taught it was O Connors but never the less it is located next to the New empty hotel building located next to Aldi near the Groody roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Whilst it's nice to see the new shops that have been added on Bedford Row its none the less worrying to see so many shops leaving the city centre. I was talking to someone earlier and they said they just dont bother coming in to the city centre anymore, instead just visiting the crescent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

steveon wrote: »
    Didn't know it was world of wonders, I taught it was O Connors but never the less it is located next to the New empty hotel building located next to Aldi near the Groody roundabout.

O' Connors of Tralee are who have the franchise for the Limerick store.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

O' Connors of Tralee are who have the franchise for the Limerick store.

ya o conners have the franchise for the World of Wonder in Limerick, the connagh sc seems to be completed- as in the main shopping centre so it should be opening very soon once they start filling it up with tenants, dont know about the extensions though. The Parkway Valley looks like a complete ghost town out there, shame as a bucketload of money seems to have gone in there and it would be a colossal waste if they just got up and stopped, like that shell of a building down by Mollys niteclub, 1 of the worst eyesores in Limerick city. The Market seemed to have something goin on with a roof being constructed and it becoming a 7 day market but as usual things have grinded to a halt..maybe as a result of the apocalypic recession

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ya that building down by Molly's is a complete eyesore. It was originally intended to be a car park i believe, but the developers funds dried up. I would imagine that a car park would be viable if someone was to take over the project.

Ya a car park seems a good idea as right across the street a good section of land is devoted entirely to car park spaces...beside angel lane or around there and there is potential for something for that land if they turned that horrible shell into something. As it stands it seems to be decomposing and I doubt its very safe. And it wouldnt look very good if that building collapsed. It probaly doesnt even have the foundations entirely complete so who knows what will happen in a few years. The city councillors would wana start doing something about the site instead of burying their heads in the sand, because once an accident happens, which in all probability it will, they will be the first to dodge the backlash. Developers shouldnt even be allowed planning permission without first giving proof they have the funds to complete the project. Its a disgrace that people can get away with building crap like that. And that part of the city is starting to come into its own with all the restaraunts and clubs poppin up around that quarter..and then you have this ugly shell with timber boards around the site about to fall apart leaving the site entirely open for kids to venture inside and potentially get fatally injured. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

dunno about coonagh, theyve boarded up the main entrance recently. that cant be good news

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

LIDL is due to open soon on the site of the Davin Arms pub.
    Workers in there all weekend getting it ready, passed by it last night and had a look in, seems all thats missing is the shelves/pallets+stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

1st im hearing of a Gamestop on williams st, where abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

1huge1 wrote: »
    1st im hearing of a Gamestop on williams st, where abouts?

It says it on their website.

But i had a look around today and i saw no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

rok wrote: »
    LIDL is due to open soon on the site of the Davin Arms pub.
    Workers in there all weekend getting it ready, passed by it last night and had a look in, seems all thats missing is the shelves/pallets+stock.

Their other new store across from Chawk's garage on the Dublin Road has opened recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

RINO87 wrote: »
    dunno about coonagh, theyve boarded up the main entrance recently. that cant be good news
    Saw that the other night :(
    It says it on their website.

But i had a look around today and i saw no sign of it.

Where Swamp was....the bus stop might become less of a scumbag zone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

ninty9er wrote: »
    Saw that the other night :(

Where Swamp was....the bus stop might become less of a scumbag zone now.

So swamp was the reason there's always a cluster of scobes around the bus stops, and not the fact that the buses are going to "O'Maaaaalley" and "Crew [sic] Park"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well a shop like Gamestop would be good for william sr, anything to make that place look nicer

ya the streets in a bit of a state at the moment, and it has a lot to do with the fact that the road is jam packed every day with cars parked on either side, the streets a nightmare even to walk up. But Gamestop are definetly opening soon, probaly to cash in on all the Christmas sales, well some neway with the rate the countrys going there will be no christmas presents under anyones trees, just debt collectors letters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi Lads

Would anybody have any information on this empty hotel building i.e. who owns it etc?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Would anybody have any information on this empty hotel building i.e. who owns it etc?

Thanks

http://crackenproperties.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Advertisement