Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Fees

• 25-10-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Fact or fiction.

Do they need to be paid in full before you're allowed graduate from NUIM?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yes, I'd imagine so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Caybar

i owed 4 euro on graduation day, bottled it and paid it off bout half an hour before the ceremony started, nothing was said, so i reckon fiction.

Wouldnt be worth the embarrassment tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

no its a myth,thats not to say they couldnt stop you from graduating if they wanted but they never do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Fiction. I still have a four year old €150 mistake on my record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

A friend of mine borrowed a science book from the library during his final year. He got a few letters when it was horribly overdue, graduated, o a letter saying they would like it back and finally got another letter saying Congrats on Graduating, you may keep the book. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Crowdof1

4 years in Maynooth, never borrowed a single book.

I was tempted to in the final weeks, just for the craic. I heard it was a good laugh book-borrowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I went 2 years without even stepping foot in the library!

Advertisement