Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost dog seen, maybe

Options
  • 25-10-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

As I was passing through the Kenilworth crossroads in Harold's Cross at about four o'clock today (Saturday October 25) a springer-spaniel-type dog, sopping wet, raced past me.

It had a collar on, and was in a total panic, swerving on and off the road. I called it, but it ran from me (maybe because I had my hood up, maybe because it was so panicked.

I went home and got the car, some treats and my own dog and drove up towards Terenure, the way it had been running, but there was no sign of it.

That crossroads leads to town (by Clanbrassil Street), to Terenure, to Rathgar, to Rathmines and to Kimmage, Drimnagh and Crumlin, so it could have been coming any of those ways.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

It sounds like he could have been dumped, if he seemed totally disorientated and panicked like that, that would happen I imagine if he had been let out of a car and his owners driven off.

I suppose if you are in the position to take him in you could go back and look for him and if you can't find him maybe contact the local dog warden, SPCA and garda station in case he ends up there and you could help him out.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭fits

A dog who got separated from their owners accidentally would be just as panicked. Poor fellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

What colour was he, a dog I rescued not long back was nearly all black and ascaped over my back wall about an hour later, I searched high and low and never found him, he was springer/collie cross an older dog but he could still put some miles on him self.

I'm only in Rathfarnham he could make it up there in the time he's been gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

This little one was classic springer spaniel colouring - white with brown patches.

I did search but couldn't find him. Poor little mite, I hope he's all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

you did your best and thats all that counts, hopely some one who cares for his well fare as much as you will manage to catch him, thanks for getting back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I was up in the mountains yesterday and saw a lovely labrador pup with a collar on him - maybe six months old, I'd say. I stopped but he wouldn't get into my car; drove on and saw someone trying again, and I think more successfully.

Mountain-living friends tell me they've never seen so many dogs abandoned in the mountains - they say it's the recession. Disgusting.

Advertisement