Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Port Tunnel Speed Cameras

Options
  • 25-10-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I know people have asked if there are speed cameras in the Port Tunnel before but that was a good while ago and since then I've read in the paper that speed cameras have been installed and there are signs on the barriers saying that there is 24 hour speed monitoring.

Is it usual for a speed camera to be constantly on?

And has anyone here been caught speeding in the tunnel?

I use the tunnel occasionally and don't go more than about 5 miles over the limit and it seems most others don't either but I'm just wondering if everyone who speeds by a significant amount actually get caught?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Been through the tunnel a few times, seen people fly past me even when im doing 90-100 kph in it. Never heard of anybody getting a ticket from cameras in the tunnel. I always exit at 80kph though.

Only heard of people getting tickets exiting on the m1 side by the white gatso van.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Because the cameras are an equal distance from each other, your speed can be obtained from them, but the Gardai have to request the video footage IIRC. There is no actual speed cameras inside though.

Advertisement