Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Subjects in Arts-Help!!

Options
  • 25-10-2008 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys.. wondering does anybody have any experience in this but..
    at the moment im in 2nd year Arts. doin Geog (cudnt luv it more ) & HIstory (cudnt hate it more) .
    Last year I did 5 credits in semester 1 of Spanish for beginners. i loved it.
    when it came to picking my subjects for this year i naturally chose geog. and then for my second one i foolishly chose history because the rest of my mates were doin it. ANd i realised i HATE it with a devine passion i never even did it for LC.

So my question is.. does anyone know if its possible, next semester to do an extra 5 credits in Spanish , the other core module i didnt do, so as ill have ten credits in Spanish and in Sept 08 to go into 2nd year with geo and spanish ??? i know it was a silly thing to choose and itmeans il have to do an extra year.. but if it;s what i want to do i dont mind..

Any one got any experience on it ?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

McNuggy wrote: »
    Hey guys.. wondering does anybody have any experience in this but..
    at the moment im in 2nd year Arts. doin Geog (cudnt luv it more ) & HIstory (cudnt hate it more) .
    Last year I did 5 credits in semester 1 of Spanish for beginners. i loved it.
    when it came to picking my subjects for this year i naturally chose geog. and then for my second one i foolishly chose history because the rest of my mates were doin it. ANd i realised i HATE it with a devine passion i never even did it for LC.

So my question is.. does anyone know if its possible, next semester to do an extra 5 credits in Spanish , the other core module i didnt do, so as ill have ten credits in Spanish and in Sept 08 to go into 2nd year with geo and spanish ??? i know it was a silly thing to choose and itmeans il have to do an extra year.. but if it;s what i want to do i dont mind..

Any one got any experience on it ?:confused:
    Go to the Arts programme office. They get monetary reimbursement to answer questions as specific as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭McNuggy

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Go to the Arts programme office. They get monetary reimbursement to answer questions as specific as that.

monetary reimbursment???
    there was a reason english wasnt in my choice of subjects
    :rolleyes:
    oh n the fact that evry time I go to the Prog office its closed ?? Whats goin down there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

McNuggy wrote: »
    monetary reimbursment???
    there was a reason english wasnt in my choice of subjects
    :rolleyes:
    oh n the fact that evry time I go to the Prog office its closed ?? Whats goin down there??
    I can see that English isn't your strong point. I meant that the people, working at the Arts programme office, are paid to answer specific questions, like that to which you're inquiring. I don't know about the operating hours--try looking for the times outside the office, or email them.

haha.. thanks UCD_Econ... i think ???:P
    yeah i think I read something about the hours in the prog office being cut or something.. ah well.. i'll head over early on tuesday to find out ... thanks for the help :)

Anybody else have any experience of this so i can get an idea of whether i can do it or not ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Your best bet is to probably minor history if you can. That way you will do less history subjects and more geography. If you want to change subjects you will have to have done at least 10 credits the previous year and it will cost money.

• Advertisement

see im in that "year x " thing anyway.. where im not actually in 1st year... n im not exactly in 2nd year... tres confusing ... n i already have 5 credits in the spanish...
    so hopefully im trying to do another 5 credits next semester in spanish and in september 09 go into 2nd yr with geography and spanish....

i tried doing the minor in history.. but geography can nly be taken as a minor or joint major... which seems kinda silly what with it being one of the most popular arts subject choices:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 waterr

im in 1st year arts and im doing economics.can i drop it now or do i have to do it for the rest of the year?really dont like it or understand it.and what happens if i failed it in the christmas exams??thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

waterr wrote: »
    im in 1st year arts and im doing economics.can i drop it now or do i have to do it for the rest of the year?really dont like it or understand it.and what happens if i failed it in the christmas exams??thanks

I think as long as you have done all the core modules in semester one you can drop it in semester two. If you have done only electives you must do atleast the core module(s) in semester two. It happened to me in 1st Year with Geography.

Advertisement