Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitled to a refund on a ring ??

Options
  • 25-10-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

I hope someone can advise me here.
    I bought a ring for my Girlfriend last week. When I was in the shop I bought a ring she uses with me to get the correct size.

I picked out a ring in the shop and was ready to buy. I asked at the time was the ring I picked the correct size. The assistant said it was 1/2 a size smaller than the ring I brought in with me. Not knowing anything about rings :rolleyes: I asked would the ring fit. The assistant said yeah no problem so I bought it.

Anyway the ring doesn't fit. She got it on but we were close to getting it cut off to get it back off. :mad:

She returned to the shop and they offered to resize the ring. I called and asked for a refund. Basically I was very annoyed that I was told the ring would fit and it was really stressfull/painfull getting the ring off

The assistant said she couldn't confirm if they would refund and had to speak to the owner. In this situation am I entited to a refund?

All humourous replies about rings etc etc. also welcome at this stage... need a laugh:D

Would really appreciate any help/advise here folks?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The assistant was daft to assure you it would fit. If it had a wider band, for instance, it affects the sizing. Even trying a ring on at night or with hot hands usually means its tighter, so silly them for not being less sure. Half a size is not much though, and the fit suggests it could be adjusted with a small bit of stretching which is normal and means the ring is not cut.

But if you are sure you want a refund, the phrases to keep in mind are 'not as described' and 'not fit for the purpose'. Although the shop are offering a remedy, and if the ring was a good choice, would you not consider keeping it? Suggest an apology is in order, though.

You asked::D
    Recently a man had to go to the hospital to have his wedding ring cut off from his tackle after his mistress found the ring in his pants pocket and got so mad at him she stuck it on him while he was asleep.

Now I don't know what's worse:

1) Having your mistress find out you're married.

2) Explaining to your wife how your wedding ring got on your willy.

3) Or finding out your willy fits through your wedding ring.
    (mods, remove if Ive overstepped the mark here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 LabratCN

Oryx wrote: »
    The assistant was daft to assure you it would fit. If it had a wider band, for instance, it affects the sizing. Even trying a ring on at night or with hot hands usually means its tighter, so silly them for not being less sure. Half a size is not much though, and the fit suggests it could be adjusted with a small bit of stretching which is normal and means the ring is not cut.

But if you are sure you want a refund, the phrases to keep in mind are 'not as described' and 'not fit for the purpose'. Although the shop are offering a remedy, and if the ring was a good choice, would you not consider keeping it? Suggest an apology is in order, though.

You asked::D(mods, remove if Ive overstepped the mark here).

:D LOL Class. Thanks.

I'm hoping I can get a refund with the ' not fit for pupose ' line alright. Just wondering if it falls into that class legally.

It's left a real disappointing tone to my engagement but I should be thinking of the bigger picture right?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Aha. Engagement ring. That puts a whole new slant on the need for a good fit when she tries it on.

If you like the ring, get it adjusted and keep it. Adjusting DOES NOT devalue jewellery. The memory of the first fitting will be funny in time.

And yeah.. the bigger picture is important. When your married and she gets pregnant it wont fit her anyway.. Oh hang on, too big a picture for now, right?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 LabratCN

Oryx wrote: »
    Aha. Engagement ring. That puts a whole new slant on the need for a good fit when she tries it on.

If you like the ring, get it adjusted and keep it. Adjusting DOES NOT devalue jewellery. The memory of the first fitting will be funny in time.

And yeah.. the bigger picture is important. When your married and she gets pregnant it wont fit her anyway.. Oh hang on, too big a picture for now, right?;)

Well that what it was used for but it's not actually a proper engagement ring. I was told to get a token ring first and she'd pick out the engagement ring proper with me. :rolleyes: Great way to get two ring eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

LabratCN wrote: »
    Great way to get two ring eh?

The warning signs are there!!! - get out quickly!!

"That's a lovely handbag you got me dear, I'd like to choose one myself though" = 2 handbags, 2 watches, 2 outfits etc etc etc

RUN RUN RUN

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

darc

How about actually posting something constructive in future? Please take the time to read the charter with regard to posting in Consumer Issues.

dudara

Advertisement