Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does anyone know how much this would cost?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have to get my car fixed up for the nct
    can anyone give me an idea on how much i would have to spend on getting a new balljoint for the front left wishbone a new wing mirror a new bulb in the back indicator, and a whole new ndicator for the side for a 00 peugot 206?
    i just want to get an idea of the cost before i bring it in and getting ti all fixed up,
    thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Pug 206 wing mirror should be around €60(not from Peugeot and not body coloured) and a Side Repeater unit should be no more than €10(not from Peugeot) and a rear stop and tail bulb should be around 50c. I cant help you with the balljoint though.

How long has your car been missing a side repeater, wing mirror and rear brake light because you seem to suggest that you waited until the NCT was looming to bother doing anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Balljoint shouldn't be too much - definitly under €50 and about an hours labour to fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

BlueDragon wrote: »
    I have to get my car fixed up for the nct
    can anyone give me an idea on how much i would have to spend on getting a new balljoint for the front left wishbone a new wing mirror a new bulb in the back indicator, and a whole new ndicator for the side for a 00 peugot 206?
    i just want to get an idea of the cost before i bring it in and getting ti all fixed up,
    thanks a lot

You need to replace the whole wishbone to resolve the ball joint problem, because the ball joint & wishbone are all one item on the 206. Expect to pay a minimum of 80 Euro-100 Euro for the replacement part and up to an hour labour. A reasonable cost to resolve this ball joint problem, off the top of my head I imagine would be around 150 Euro including VAT. The wing mirror is difficult to tie down cost wise, is the mirror glass broken or is the whole wing mirror unit damaged??? You should get out of it for under 300 Euro, or closer to half that if it's just the glass in the mirror gone. A bulb at the back indicator is not much, 10 Euro max...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Darragh29 wrote: »
    A bulb at the back indicator is not much, 10 Euro max...

Holy crap, where do you shop??

10 Euro for a bulb!! Are you sure 50c - €1 would not be a more accurate price?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Holy crap, where do you shop??

10 Euro for a bulb!! Are you sure 50c - €1 would not be a more accurate price?
    I'm assuming the bulk of that price is for the 60 seconds labour to fit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Darragh29 wrote: »
    You need to replace the whole wishbone to resolve the ball joint problem, because the ball joint & wishbone are all one item on the 206. Expect to pay a minimum of 80 Euro-100 Euro for the replacement part and up to an hour labour. A reasonable cost to resolve this ball joint problem, off the top of my head I imagine would be around 150 Euro including VAT. The wing mirror is difficult to tie down cost wise, is the mirror glass broken or is the whole wing mirror unit damaged??? You should get out of it for under 300 Euro, or closer to half that if it's just the glass in the mirror gone. A bulb at the back indicator is not much, 10 Euro max...
    300 for a mirror have ya never heard of a scrap yard and i would get a wishbone there aswell, 50 euro

Advertisement