Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince2 question

Options
  • 25-10-2008 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I was thinking of doing one of the 5 day Prince 2 courses. I am being moved to the project management team at work from systems engineering and would like to be familiar with PM methodologies (not necessarily looking to become an expert in Prince 2 just familiar with the concepts).

Ive heard some of these courses just prep you for the exam and you come out with a cert but little knowledge- the cert isnt too important for me at this stage.

Do you think these 5 day courses are any good? If so can you recommend one? (if that doesnt break the forum rules)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 killian_murphy

you could try www.findmycourse.ie if you are still looking for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PatrickJKelly

My advise is do not do a five day course and this is far too quick.    
    If you are already a very experienced PM, then you can do the Foundation Exam without training:  To prepare you just need to: 
    1) Do an online PRINCE2 Pre-course  (See youtube) 
    2) Find a practice PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator  .  e.g. http://prince2.wiki/PRINCE2_Foundation_Exam_Simulator
    For Practitioner: 
    - A classroom training is just 2 days of answering practice Q&A  
    - You can do the same at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

My advise is do not do a five day course and this is far too quick.    
    If you are already a very experienced PM, then you can do the Foundation Exam without training:  To prepare you just need to: 
    1) Do an online PRINCE2 Pre-course  (See youtube) 
    2) Find a practice PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator  .  e.g. http://prince2.wiki/PRINCE2_Foundation_Exam_Simulator
    For Practitioner: 
    - A classroom training is just 2 days of answering practice Q&A  
    - You can do the same at home

I think after 8 years the OP may have found the appropriate answer.

Advertisement