Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Cinemas Naas Evacuated - Closed Down

Options
  • 25-10-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Just heard from staff at Storm Cinemas Naas that the cinema will be closed for an unknown amount of time.
    At 2.45pm ceiling tiles began falling from all the cinema screens.The rainwater was so heavy it appears to have leaked through the cinemas roof causing the ceiling tiles to collapse.
    No injuries reported and the evacuation was handled quickly by the staff.
    Refunds were given to all customers.
    No one knows when the cinema will be re-opened as no one knows the extent of the water damage to the ceiling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Heard about this actually. The rain didn't seem that extremme today though, surely its endured heavier in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

They havent found the source of the problem but the cinema has re-opened today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

Id imagine very poor drainage on the roof may caused large pools of water to be standing for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

I've not heard about this, but judging by the under ground carpark, I'm not surprised.... have you seen the roof? I got out of my car one evening and it was raining buckets through the roof of the carpark and the stench was unreal like sewerage a major sign that something is not right!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Haha, the biggest joke of a cinema in the country gets worse...as an aside the last time I was passing it to go to Liffey Valley cinema on a friday night I noticed lots of people have started parking out around the bus stop on the dual carriageway beside it and across the road from said bus stop....hardly safe to have a load of cars parked right beside this road...I guess people just got sick of waiting 20+ minutes to get out of the cinema due to the traffic backed up behind the stupid barriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

It would be no great loss if it closed down. As mentioned, the situation with cars outside it is causing a serious annoyance. It used to be a case of people waiting outside to pick up their kids, but now people seem to be abandoning their cars on the road to avoid having to pay for parking. The other night it was disgraceful, to the point where one of the lanes approaching the roundabout was completely blocked with cars. Add that to the fact that people are blatently ignoring the double white line and just shooting across two lanes of the road to get to/go from the car park and its causing a major nuisance.

Its what you get for sticking something like a cinema in an area without even giving 5 minutes planning to where it is going...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..and what that has to do with the roof leaking, I can't be sure.

Let's keep this on topic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cinemagoer

haha, i was there the day of that. The air conditioning leaked or sumtin and 1 tile fell. haha. it was well handeled, they gave out refunds to us all. i brought my two daughters and they were really upset but i got free tickets to come back and see the movie again so happy out. they even paid for my parking. i dunno wat all of the fuss is about. they had a prob and they fixed it nd anyway its a great service to the local town, two bad there are people sad enough to moan on the net and not go in ta say something. I went back with my daughters and they loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

1 tille didnt fall, numerous tiles in screen 1 fell, the first almost hitting a customer and tiles in other screen did too throughout that day, there was a leak in the air conditioning.....i was working there so i'd know!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

That's for the update, almost a year later..

Please don't dig up old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement