Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viana Vegetarian Products (German company, now tofutown)

Options
  • 25-10-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

I tried a new veggie 'Bonanza veggie steak' bought in Healthwise (Co. Galway) and it was rather tasty :)
    http://www.viana.com/uploads/tx_waiviana/4200_05.jpg

I haven't seen the company's products about in Ireland before; I was just wondering had anyone else?

They have a wide selection of products on their website if you'd like to take a look: http://www.viana.com/en and click on products.

Comments

I've tried their smoked tofu, it seems oversmoked....it is very dry.

Does this taste meat like?

Btw those Linda McCartney sausages your all so mad over.
    Well they are half price in Dunnes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Lol, thanks for that!

The steak was very tastey. Good texture. Not like the Frys stuff which tastes like it's been processed a million times either! I never tried steak when I was younger and not-veggie, so can't give comparison. But I think it was delicious without trying to replicate what it is not :) worth trying.

Tar may give you a better description - he thought it delicious too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I've tried their smoked tofu, it seems oversmoked....it is very dry.
    Agreed - although i think I may have overcooked it.... it was still nice though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's very nice, we made ours with some homemade gravy stuff, yum yum.
    Wish they'd get seitan over here.

Advertisement