Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we turn it around against Bolton?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

will tomorrows game be the turning point or will it be the business as usual this term and another team we should be putting away easily come and take another 3 points off our "heros"?

it is a tough one to call. i said against stoke only a win would be good enough result for spurs fans. i dont know what to say this time around. id be disappointed not to win but would i be happy enough with one point? i really dont know.

but with tough games coming up against ARSEnal liverpool and city it may be our last chance to get a win before we reach the double figures of games played.

missed the midweek game but saw highlights. looked though we deserved to loose although bent had a great header at 1 nil. anyone comment on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

zuroph wrote: »
    no.

you really didnt brighten up my already gloomy sat night!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

:). cheer up charlie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

On current form I cant see us winning, although you never know a flukey win may kick start our season. If Jenas is in our team we won't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

on another forum jenas is a really hated figure. i dont dislike the lad i think he is an average footballer but thats about it. he does show some individual brillance at times which make him even more frustrating. i remember his work rate being exceptional the first few weeks of ramos reign. i put it down to the new fitness regime and diets ramos had players on

-he is very inconsistant
    -he tends to go missin in games
    -his set pieces are shocking
    -constantly gets caught in possesion
    he is not by any stretch of the imagination a leader (dont know how he got the vice captaincy! apart from him being one of the longest serving players at the club)

just wondering if those sentiments are the same here on this forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

agree with all that, also think that he is a very lazy player, you watch him when he looses possession of the ball the head goes down and he doesnt bother his arse trying to regain posession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 yiddo_til_i_die

there is no shred of evidence so far this season, nor indeed from Ramos' league performance since Christmas - to suggest that we have any hope of getting any more than a draw from the Bolton game.

The thing is though, what will a win against Bolton do for us. While it could kick start our season, there is an equal chance that it won't, as even teams that get relegated win the odd match. What it will do is give Ramos a stay of execution. Which could be detrimental.

Don't get me wrong, I hope to fcuk we win, bcos we desperately need to, but it will still not change my opinion that he should go.

Advertisement