Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3rd party 360 Pad with good D-pad

• 25-10-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows which is a good 3rd party 360 controller that could be picked up in town.

Its for fighting games such as streetfighter, so the whole point is a decent D-pad, which the standard 360 pad does not have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

FYI, yesterday was supposed to be the release day for the new MS 360 pad with redesigned d-pad. Might be worth looking around for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Sweet, anyone know if the new d-pad is actually any good though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Would you consider the Hori Arcade Stick

You could get one on eBay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Sweet, anyone know if the new d-pad is actually any good though?
    New one was specifcally designed with the dpad in mind so must be good. Not sure if you can pick it up easily though. Last I heard it was a limited edition thing and only going to be sold in Europe. Or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Jim wrote: »
    New one was specifcally designed with the dpad in mind so must be good. Not sure if you can pick it up easily though. Last I heard it was a limited edition thing and only going to be sold in Europe. Or something similar.

It's gonna be the standard pad after a while (as in, the only one available) that's not gonna be for a while though i would think. I heard it's gonna be bundled with PES 2009 in the meantime (could be wrong on this)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Try out that new green pad or get an arcade stick simple as that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Here's a hands on eurogamer did...

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=238548

Doesn't seem like it's a massive difference.

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Would you consider the Hori Arcade Stick

You could get one on eBay

No, I'm actually asking for a m8 of mine. I don't have a 360 myself. And he'd doesn't want to go down the stick root. Just wants a pad with a d-pad that works.
    TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Try out that new green pad or get an arcade stick simple as that. :pac:

I dunno if you can just 'try' out a pad lol. Be nice if you could test pads in the shop, chuck a few fireballs in streetfighter and see how could the d-pad really is :p
    Jim wrote: »

Hey man, yeah I know but I've still yet to read anywhere saying it is actually good for street fighter etc. Oh and the only limited thing about it is that its green. It'll be the standard 360 pad as Bombleswizzum said.

**edit** Cheers Rizzla, Now I have read something, and its not good :
    we settled in for a couple of tours of the arcade mode(SF2) with old blondie,(Ken) it became apparent that nothing's changed. Fireballs are easy enough on both pads, but dragon punches are a lottery, and the new d-pad - though it requires less thumb force to depress - is no better or worse. Failure.

Guess 3rd party pads it is..

Was looking at this pad, but I dunno if its in town or not :

mov-547160.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Just wondering if anyone knows which is a good 3rd party 360 controller that could be picked up in town.

Its for fighting games such as streetfighter, so the whole point is a decent D-pad, which the standard 360 pad does not have.

I don't know about the 360 but I do know that the greatest d-pad on any joypad EVER is a logitech joypad for pc, available in Maplins. I use it to play Street Fighter 3 on my pc.

Most people think its not possible to play street fighter with a joypad but believe me, with this one it is!!

animaX wrote: »

Most people think its not possible to play street fighter with a joypad but believe me, with this one it is!!

Not at all, your forgetting the new breed of fighting game players that don't come from the arcade scene but from the online gaming scene, who only know street fighter with control pads.

I play SF3 online with 2DF on my PC with a PS3 pad I bought just for SF (I don't have a ps3) While I've not used a better pad, I've not tried all that many pads, and I don't feel its perfect. So I'm highly interested in the new SFIV pads coming out.
    I don't know about the 360 but I do know that the greatest d-pad on any joypad EVER is a logitech joypad for pc, available in Maplins. I use it to play Street Fighter 3 on my pc.

Interesting, which one is it? It wouldnt be this :

img_829_logitech_precision_gamepad.jpg

would it? I've another friend looking to get a controller for his pc but doesn't wanna blow 50 euro or whatever on a PS3 pad. & hell I might pick up another one , just to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Can't see the link or image you posted! But I can tell you where it is. If you go into Maplins in dublin, basically straight ahead as you walk in there is a pillar with memory cards on one side, cable-ties on another side and joypads on another. There you will find the logitech pad for pc. If you look on the box you should see that the analogue sticks (which are horrible) are in a square recess! But the actual d-pad is amazing.

Edit: Any way of getting 2DF to work through a proxy?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Has anyone seen the new pads in shops yet? How much for a wireless pad at the minute anyway, and where's the best place in Sligo town to get one. Wired, wireless, official or unofficial it doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Could always try this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ry1UDQYjkQ

Or this:
    http://www.shonk.org/Dpad/

and this is a fix I've seen other people say works:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fix-the-d-pad-on-the-Xbox-360-control-pad-mor/

I've never bothered because I don't play any games that require the D-Pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Was looking at this pad, but I dunno if its in town or not :

mov-547160.jpg

Ew, I've tried and tested that pad... It's horrible. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

If you want the best d pad for streetfighter its got to be the super nintendo pad. For one reason alone. 14 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year practicing on it.
    To be honest i use the analog stick on the 360 version. Its easy enough to do most of the moves most of the time.
    I wouldn't be running out buying a new pad just for a Xbox arcade game thats for sure. But thats just me.

Well, now that:

A: Street fighter 4 + Hd remix are out since I started this thread.

and

B The madcatz fightpads are impossible to find without being ripped off at ebay.

This thread is relevant again.

I'd be pretty sure that almost any 3rd party pad would be better d-pad wise than the standard 360 one. So if anyone knows any shops in Ireland or any sites that deliver to Ireland, selling 3rd party 360 pads please let it be known!!

Saitek have a decent pad :

41eJ0NGIAQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

But I can't find anywhere delivering to Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll say it again. Get 6 face buttons. It's much better.

I've subscriptions to every bloody site going to tell me when they get a hori stick or the SFIV sticks/pads in. :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got the Megadrive Collection on Friday, and its now obvious to me how awful the D-pad is on the 360 controller. I have to use the left stick instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can't see the link or image you posted! But I can tell you where it is. If you go into Maplins in dublin, basically straight ahead as you walk in there is a pillar with memory cards on one side, cable-ties on another side and joypads on another. There you will find the logitech pad for pc. If you look on the box you should see that the analogue sticks (which are horrible) are in a square recess! But the actual d-pad is amazing.

Edit: Any way of getting 2DF to work through a proxy?!

can you post the name of the joypad and ill google it ;)

Can anyone tell me if pads bought from play-asia would work on a EU 360 yeah?

• Advertisement
Advertisement