Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Xperia X1 review

• 25-10-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Good review over at MoDaCo of the SE Xperia X1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Thanks for the link DubWireless, it makes me want the X1 even more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I managed to check out an x1 for 5 mins last week, in that short time it impressed me, but i cant say anymore than that....we'll have to wait and see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

:eek::eek: how'd you get to see it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I'm not very impressed by the review... Actually, I'm convinced if there was an htc or asus or eten logo on it'd be one of the dozens of also-ran wm devices. Sure, there are some fairly nice specs, but there's also that recessed screen - palm and htc just got rid of those in their latest models (the palm pro is also made by htc ;) ). Also, the X1 comes with no onscreen keyboard other than the wm sip! That is pathetic! Of course you can install and experiment with 3rd party keyboards, but really....!?!

Worst: have you noticed the various negative points that the reviewer brushed aside saying a future software update will hopefully fix it!!????? Has everyone forgotten what SE did to countless p990 owners?

Nah, I may be wrong, but this won't restore SE credibility as a quality maker of high end products. And it won't secure a slice of the enterprise market! It'll be picked up by SE fanboys, by peeps who are too smart for the iphone but still dependent on "cool", and in a couple of months there'll be piles of X1's on eBay, and expansys will sell it for around 300 euro by the end of february...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Cute device.
    The arc slider looks cool.
    The 3.5mm jack will be a welcome relief to many i'm sure.
    The panels are interesting.

Other than that i'm not mad about its weight and thickness (17mm).
    But i agree with Strecker- there's nothing earth-shattering about it-
    Many other devices have much the same tech as this tbh- apart from the innovative slider.
    I suspect the SE brand will sway many though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

metalfest wrote: »
    :eek::eek: how'd you get to see it???

SE rep showed it to me, along with the c905...which will be here soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i don't suppose either of these will be on meteor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

metalfest wrote: »
    i don't suppose either of these will be on meteor?

should be, i was playing with a C905 prototype last week, way too big for my liking, no idea of release date though. also according to sony rep, xperia probably wont see the light of day over here until after chrimbo

Advertisement