Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW M3 e46 VRT Extras

Options
  • 25-10-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea what extras cost might be incurred for vrt'ing a fully loaded (19's, tv, sat nav etc.) 2003 e46 M3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

VRT goes on the open market selling price of the car mate. It could be lined with gold and it wouldn't effect what the VRT will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

bikki wrote: »
    VRT goes on the open market selling price of the car mate. It could be lined with gold and it wouldn't effect what the VRT will be.

Er youre wrong there chief.

And what do you think the open market selling price of an e46 M3 lined with gold would be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I am open to correction on this, but I think they depreciate the extras over 4 years on the cost of the extras in the Irish Market.
    Imported an 08 bmw and it had a pack of extras on it that was 300 Sterling in the UK, they charged me VRT on 950 as this would be the individual cost of the extras here, there was no equivalent pack in the Irish market. AS your car is over 4 years old you would pay VRT on the model of the car, but not on any extras.

I am open to correction if anyone has experience of another situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Yes be careful with this one. The vrt office can check a BMW database against your chassis number and see what extras were put into the car from the factory. They will charge you accordingly then. Get the chassis number and get the vrt office to check it for you and get an official quote over the telephone or in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Previous poster you are right, they checked the chassis no of my car wth BMW, they did not inspect the car except to confirm the mileage and chassis no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Anyone any idea of figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ronanom wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of figures?
    The only people who know are in the VRO, have you tried calling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

It seems they generally only charge you for extras on cars 3 years and younger. You should be fine.

When i VRT'd my 2003 M3 they didn't even ask about any extras.

Advertisement