Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change TV out settings on ATI Radeon x1300pro?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have an ATI X1300 pro graphics card which has an S-Video Tv-out connection. I have been able to use this to connect to a european tv but I now want to connect to a US tv. When I connect it up to the US tv the picture flickers since the card is outputting a PAL signal and the tv can only handle an NTSC signal. Is it possible to change to settings to get it to output NSTC instead of PAL?

I have searched in all the usual places in windows graphics settings and on the catalyst control centre software that comes with the card but had no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You need to change the refresh rate of your S-Video output I believe, from 50Hz to 60Hz. And you're done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mickey_t

Overheal wrote: »
    You need to change the refresh rate of your S-Video output I believe, from 50Hz to 60Hz. And you're done.

Thanks, for the suggestion Overheal but unfortunately I can't find an option anywhere to change this. I can change my computer monitor refresh rate but there is no option for the s-video refresh rate..

Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

change ,res to match tv,res. sdtv, 720x576 ,refresh rate 60htz,u set rate to 6ohtz for the card,thats it ,theres only one rate,ie no separate rate 4 svideo,
    set tv out put to pal,or palb,europe, ntsc is for usa tvs.
    google svideo resolution pal tv 4more info.

Advertisement