Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry broadband users?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm considering switching to this isp on the basis mine is playing up and this isp offers 1024/1024 for the same price as my 896/128 and a contention of 25-1 compared to my isp's 48-1
    Any one use this isp?
    And what do you think of it?
    Also could you post some speeds tests please?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Good ISP imo steady connection Im on the 2mb package (use it for gaming all the time) :)

Living near Ventry myself

344954261.png

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

weisses wrote: »
    Good ISP imo steady connection Im on the 2mb package (use it for gaming all the time) :)

Living near Ventry myself

344954261.png

Good luck
    Thanks for the prompt reply
    How far are you from the mast it's supplied from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Can you run torrents on it? are all ports open?

barnicles wrote: »
    Can you run torrents on it? are all ports open?

I read somehwhere you can't,but i prefer to use rapidshare etc,but i cant use it alot atm because all permanet are on the same I.P address

I thought that. I did a speed test.net on monday at 12.40pm. You might see it!

• Advertisement

I also edited the newgrange article on Wikipedia with an IP beginning with 212. See if that matches yours?

I also edited the newgrange article on Wikipedia with an IP beginning with 212. See if that matches yours?

If it on the history page it's the same as mine

I won't post as people will see your ip

But i don't see your speedtest

Edit:That reminds me,my sister asked me did i mess around on wikipedia because she was blocked from editing,so that means anyone on Permanet can screw up our editing privileges?

Yes they can. Btw it's not my IP its the local school's they have no option but permanet

You can still edit Wiki if you have an account

Yes they can. Btw it's not my IP its the local school's they have no option but permanet

I see,
    I'm getting very annoyed with permanet too many people are joining and there network is getting throttled badly as a result getting a third of what i should get at some points!

• Advertisement

Im living approx 2 miles from the antenna near Mount Eagle, ..... They have another mast near Lispole.

Thanks,And one more question,do speed and pings get a lot worse during peak times?

Edit: What speeds are you getting now?

Just sometimes the connection can drop for a couple of seconds but that is not always during peak times .... compared to all the horror stories I read every day on this forum I am considering myself very lucky here in Ventry

345191306.png

weisses wrote: »
    Just sometimes the connection can drop for a couple of seconds but that is not always during peak times .... compared to all the horror stories I read every day on this forum I am considering myself very lucky here in Ventry

345191306.png

Looks nice, no p2p kills it for me tho!

Advertisement