Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAMOS SACKED

• 25-10-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Just announce on Sky Sports News!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/clubannouncement251008.html

"The Club can announce that Damien Comolli, Sporting Director, Juande Ramos, Head Coach and First Team Coaches, Marcos Alvarez and Gus Poyet, have left the Club, with immediate effect. We wish them well.

Clive Allen, Development Squad Coach, and Alex Inglethorpe, Youth Team Manager, will take charge for Sunday's League match against Bolton.

An announcement will be made on First Team coaching staff in due course."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ramos in sacking shocker

more news at 11..oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ, they're playing Bolton tomorrow, why not at least wait till after that...

Not surprising really. Wonder who the replacement will be? Who's out of work? Rijkaard? Fat Sam? Peter Reid? Ian Dowie? Oh the possibilities are endless!

<edit> Good that Camolli got the chop too anyway, was afraid he might get a stay of execution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Damien Comolli, Juande Ramos, and Marcos Alvarez and Gus Poyet

Good cleanout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Club can announce that Damien Comolli, Sporting Director, Juande Ramos, Head Coach and First Team Coaches, Marcos Alvarez and Gus Poyet, have left the Club, with immediate effect. We wish them well.

Clive Allen, Development Squad Coach, and Alex Inglethorpe, Youth Team Manager, will take charge for Sunday's League match against Bolton.

An announcement will be made on First Team coaching staff in due course.

Can't say I'm surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mwa ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Spurs are such a joke. Another case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. What is yet another manager going to achieve? More upheaval, more time needed to build a team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I wonder if the timing of the announcement has been co-ordinated to ensure they're not all over the back pages tomorrow. Had this been announced at 3pm today, most papers would be doing big write ups about how Ramos has carried the can for Levy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think they should have given him until the Bolton game. I'd say Bilic is a good bet at being the next boss. I would have thought Poyet would stay on in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I think it's a crazy decision. They were wrong to sack Jol last year and they've compounded it with this disaster now. Any club that has a revolving door policy with players to the extent Spurs have is only going one way.

It's no coincidence that both Spurs & Newcastle are currently propping up the premier league table.

• Advertisement

The ex-player on SSN is tipping Big Sam for the job :D

The ex-player on SSN is tipping Big Sam for the job :D

wow...i was joking when i suggested it!

Imagine that...Sam in charge of a team with not a bruiser in sight...i couldn't see it ending well...

Spurs are such a joke. Another case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. What is yet another manager going to achieve? More upheaval, more time needed to build a team...

Just as a matter of interest, what have you seen of Spurs since the season started that suggested Ramos could pick the right first XI from his squad or could motivate his players sufficiently? It's no good moaning about unbalanced squads and being undermined by Levy, the coach has to bear responsibility for the very basics of managing a team, and I trekked all the way to Udine on Thursday night and saw fcuk all to suggest he can do that at a minimum.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    wow...i was joking when i suggested it!

Imagine that...Sam in charge of a team with not a bruiser in sight...i couldn't see it ending well...

The next bloke then said, they need someone like Graham Souness to go in and sort out the dressing room. :D

Allardyce or Souness at charge of Spurs would condem them, I assure you.

The chap on SSN obviously hasn't a notion what he's talking about...saying Gus Poyet will add some continuity to the new regeme...

Strong possibility this has been brought forward to counter an open letter due to be published in the NOTW from our official supporters trust asking some awkward questions of Daniel Levy, not only dealing with playing matters but also questions him on treating fans like cash cows. I've seen a draft, will be worth a read in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Harry Redknapp:eek:

Breaking News!

Harry Redknap new Boss!

being coy about it actually - possibily harry, allowed to talk but they haven't confirmed that he's actually taken it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bolton should be afraid, very afraid

edit! 'arry? :eek:

Mike

Just as a matter of interest, what have you seen of Spurs since the season started that suggested Ramos could pick the right first XI from his squad or could motivate his players sufficiently? It's no good moaning about unbalanced squads and being undermined by Levy, the coach has to bear responsibility for the very basics of managing a team, and I trekked all the way to Udine on Thursday night and saw fcuk all to suggest he can do that at a minimum.

Agree with you reckless, Ramos was not the man for the job.

Breaking News: Pompey have agreed to let 'arry join them. WTF!

The news reporter looks like he his cumming trying to get this news out of his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

harry is going to spurs

on sky sports news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Harry Redknapp to take over Spurs...negotiations underway.

again on SSN

Allardyce or Souness at charge of Spurs would condem them, I assure you.

Allardyce might just steady the ship sufficiently, but would be cained by a large section of our support.

Souness would be a death knell, we need someone who can motivate the team not do them on the training ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Harry Redknapp apparently will be the new manager

What the f*ck? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

now that is a shocker.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He likes a challange.

Mike

great bit of business from spurs

Harry Redknapp will get them out of trouble

that sucks for Pompy...

...what odds he gets Spurs relegated and then rejoins Pompy? Agent 'Arry getting rid of the competition one club at a time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bad move for Harry imo.

I have to say, if true, Harry will have gone down in my estimation if he takes this job. Leaving Pompey in the lurch, for a team that are arguably below them (and I would include Newcastle with Spurs in that statement).

The Club has requested permission to hold discussions with Harry Redknapp and Portsmouth FC has reluctantly agreed.

Donna Cullen up past her bed time, at least she's being up front with her news not creeping about with snide comments from "unnamed sources" for a change...

That sucks for Pompey fans. Will Defoe follow him back to the Lane?

I have to say, if true, Harry will have gone down in my estimation if he takes this job. Leaving Pompey in the lurch, for a team that are arguably below them (and I would include Newcastle with Spurs in that statement).

harry is going to a bigger club

and with the problems at pompey at the moment

could be a good move for harry

harry has hes work cut out for him
    but Harry is the man to get spurs out of trouble

for once levy came up trumps ,cant believe it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Tony Adams new Pompey manager? ;)

• Advertisement

Pompy is a tasty proposition for some manager now...Building blocks their for teh right man to build something great, another CM and they're sorted..

unless of course its just someone to keep the seat warm for 'Arry's inevitable return once Spurs are safely in the championship ;)

I wonder what Top Top will have to say about this tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Harry has permission to talk to Spurs now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

This is typical of Spurs,sack the manager late on a Sat night with a game on Sun.

Dub13 wrote: »
    This is typical of Spurs,sack the manager late on a Sat night with a game on Sun.
    wonder will the deal go through before tomorrows game

will we see harry is the dug out tomorrow?

• Advertisement

I bet Harry brings Appiah to Spurs - he was trying to get him to Pompy but didn't have the funds...that transfer alone would be a massive boost, he's a proper DMC who can go forward too, and is a natural leader.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I dunno, they could have sacked him during a game!

Harry is some man if he takes the Spurs job, I wouldn't want that much stress at 25, never mind 61...

Can't see him being in charge for tomorrow, that would be pretty classless. Expect to see him in he director's box, with Allen in charge for tomorrow.

I dunno, they could have sacked him during a game!

Harry is some man if he takes the Spurs job, I wouldn't want that much stress at 25, never mind 61...

Harry still has the hunger for success

fair play to him

he's taken pompey as far as he could

spurs can win trouphies

I believe we have tempted him with an offer of European football next year, if we go down Daniel Levy is going to reinstate the Anglo-Italian cup...

Also, didn't Harry have a few harsh words to say about Spurs fans after the game a few weeks back? I think I then read a few Spuds saying unsavory things about him for defending Sol.

I guess that's money for you.

spurs can win trouphies

Even I'm laughing at that...:D:D:D

Pompey won a trophy recently I seem to recall...

I believe we have tempted him with an offer of European football next year, if we go down Daniel Levy is going to reinstate the Anglo-Italian cup...

In fairness, he already has European football. So what's so attractive about Spurs.

Even I'm laughing at that...:D:D:D
    and your a spurs fan:D:D

takes time

but the foundation is there

• Advertisement
Advertisement