Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAMOS SACKED

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

You really need to mix with a better class of chap cha'.

Ah there not all bad fellas over there, you just need to pick and choose your threads carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

do ye think harry will raid pompey for any of the players

and who

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ramos will be hay enough, big payout and his reputation hasn't really suffered in Spain.

do ye think harry will raid pompey for any of the players

and who

Sol:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Ramos will be hay enough, big payout and his reputation hasn't really suffered in Spain.

Are you for real? He deserted a team he won two consecutive UEFA cups with, a team that was in Europe, a team that was better than Spurs, basically for money. His reputation is definitely tarnished in Spain.

:eek: Ticketmaster knew all along

35lt8gh.jpg

:D

eZe^ wrote: »
    Are you for real? He deserted a team he won two consecutive UEFA cups with, a team that was in Europe, a team that was better than Spurs, basically for money. His reputation is definitely tarnished in Spain.

Footballing wise was his reputation tranished when he left Spain???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Have been rumours that he's first choice to replace Aguirre at Atleti if they dont pick up their results soon. Could be a good fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Can you imagine buying a ticket for Portsmouth and then thinking you would have to go and see spurs. Now that is the stuff of nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Ah there not all bad fellas over there, you just need to pick and choose your threads carefully.

Personally I love f365 :D

• Advertisement

An interesting point from 365
    It's a funny ol' game. If you was to combine the two squads, you'd probably come up with this team...

James

Johnson, Distin, Woodgate, Bale

Diarra, Modric

Bentley
    Kranjcar

Defoe, Crouch

Portsmouth = 7
    Tottenham = 4

What is Harry doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

hahahah class...spurs definetly relegated...what a sly individual redknapp is.

on football365...the loi fans are awfully funny...they know how to properly abuse barstoolers like me.

The Walsho wrote: »
    Personally I love f365 :D

For the NWS threads I presume? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He's been getting cained in the Spanish press according to my man in Madrid (who just happens to do some business with Athletico, so maybe his sources are a bit biased)

He's been getting cained in the Spanish press according to my man in Madrid (who just happens to do some business with Athletico, so maybe his sources are a bit biased)

You're not James Richardson are you? And you're mate isn't Sid Lowe is he?:D

Win/win for 'Arry, he's nearing retirement so if he fails he walks away with a nice pay off.

If he does well he gets to spend a lot more than he had at Pompey (seeing as they are spending well beyond their current means on wages at the moment)

Pompey will have to manage their finances carefully.

HE HAS A BETTER TEAM AT PORTSMOUTH...I WONDER WILL NIGEL QUASHIE JOIN IN JANUARY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They're not far off a quality squad though, 3 typical clever 'Arry signings and they'd be fairly savage;
    1xCB
    1xDMC
    1xStriker

eg's, Wheater, Appiah, Defoe (and if he didn't want to rape his old club, Zaki)
    HE HAS A BETTER TEAM AT PORTSMOUTH...I WONDER WILL NIGEL QUASHIE JOIN IN JANUARY.

lol, the relegation curse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I just got home and saw all this news - what the feck?

Spurs, going on tradition, are the bigger club. But at the moment, Portsmouth are far better. 'arry's build up that club around his own style. I'm very surprised he's leaving, particularly when Pompey are going for 5th place whilst Spurs are praying for 17th.

• Advertisement

Well, I know his image has definitely gone down in the opinion of alot of Spaniards. I don't know if joining Atletico is the best option, Aguirre should be given more time definitely, and do you think Atletico could afford anything close to what he was being paid at Spurs?

Best of luck to him, but he'll never have it like he did at Seville, it was a match made in heaven.

Lets hope Spurs don't pull a Zaragoza, and flirt with relegation for an entire campaign and end up getting relegated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I say again:
    Strong possibility this has been brought forward to counter an open letter due to be published in the NOTW from our official supporters trust asking some awkward questions of Daniel Levy, not only dealing with playing matters but also questions him on treating fans like cash cows. I've seen a draft, will be worth a read in the morning.

So Comolli might not be the only 'upstairs' casualty?

Mad stuff. I left the soccer forum for less than an hour and refreshed to see all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

It is a complete joke (me saying this as an Arsenal supporter).Tottenham have let a brilliant team go (Ramos, Poyet, Camolli (ex Arsenal)). Getting Harry is great, albeit short term. Spurs should have allowed him to continue irrelevant of position, this would have allowed him to get things right. Redknapp to be gone around Easter. What next? Complete calamity.

what do you mean? it would be the best thing ever if tottenham hotspur got relegated.

An interesting note in all this which hasn't been mentioned, is that this effectively end's Spurs/Levy's love affair with the DOF. Harry alluded to it on Setanta, and I would never have seen him taking the job without that condition given his experiences of a DOF at Pompey first time round.

For that reason alone, I guess from a fans POV, it's a good appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Well first of all Alan Hutton is a fantastic full back and I would have him every day of the week ahead of Johnson (as would many people).

So if you put him in its 6-5....even at that surely its a very simplistic way of looking at things? Put Crouch in the current set up and would he look any better than Bent? David James is 38 and Gomes is a pretty simliar style keeper.

Now when you consider the budget he will have at Spurs as well as the young talent like Lennon, Dos Santos and Corluka that is glossed over, the London location and the bigger stadium its hardly a shocking decision.

OK you could argue it but is your supposed shock and awe really warranted?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

YES ALAN HUTTON IS A MUCH BETTER FULL BACK THAN JOHNSON. HUTTON IS THE BEST WITH SAGNA IN THE EPL.

what do you mean? it would be the best thing ever if tottenham hotspur got relegated.

Well, maybe in your opinion, but for premier league fans in general, it will take away from the overall strength of the league, I know from experience. I know the league table never lies, and they are most definitely in a dog fight, but it's never good for the strength of a league when a usually very good team has a horrific season and gets relegated.

So Comolli might not be the only 'upstairs' casualty?

I personally believe tonight's announcement is a move by Levy, along with PR head honcho Donna Cullen, to counter the negative press they were going to get after the publication of the letter. They has also been talk of protests an and around the ground for tomorrow's game, so I imagine this is an effort to take the wind out of those sails.

IMHO it gives Levy some breathing space, until there are visible fan protests he will only answer to his fellow board members, and ultimately his boss Joe Lewis, if Lewis can be bothered getting involved that is.

Well, I know his image has definitely gone down in the opinion of alot of Spaniards. I don't know if joining Atletico is the best option, Aguirre should be given more time definitely, and do you think Atletico could afford anything close to what he was being paid at Spurs?

Nobody would pay him the salary he was on at Spurs, but if he is to rehabilitate himself in the football world he may have to lower his expectations a tad.

An interesting note in all this which hasn't been mentioned, is that this effectively end's Spurs/Levy's love affair with the DOF. Harry alluded to it on Setanta, and I would never have seen him taking the job without that condition given his experiences of a DOF at Pompey first time round.

For that reason alone, I guess from a fans POV, it's a good appointment.

Doesn't matter as long as Levy is still convinced of his ability to strike a deal, it was Levy who negotiated the Modric and Berbatov deals, and pulled the plug on Arshavin (and Martin Petrov the year before)

He just left Comolli to carry the can when it all went pear shaped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Sadly hes off to Birmingham :(:(

I'm off to bed, am up for work in 5 hours (even allowing for the clocks going back) but I expect Redknapp to be sacked by the time I get up.

I'm off to bed, am up for work in 5 hours (even allowing for the clocks going back) but I expect Redknapp to be sacked by the time I get up.

Rest easy, as this place is going be a mind fcuk tomorrow.

Anyone else think that a Wise/Poyet combo are likely to snag the QPR position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

what a pity, would LOVE to see the spuds get sent down this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good God this is insane.

Now I really hope Spurs go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Harry Redknapp to take over later today !!!!

He loves leaving Portmouth it seems !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Wonder how much the whole thing costs spurs, 5 mil for harry and maybe 10 for Ramos. I doubt he got his whole contract paid out but you never know :eek:

probably worth it for a decent shot at staying up though. imo they were definitely going down if no change was made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Iago wrote: »
    I think it's a crazy decision. They were wrong to sack Jol last year and they've compounded it with this disaster now. .

Jol should have went years ago. For a club as big as Spurs he was too content with mid table UEFA Cup mediocrity.

Honestly cant comprehend how Spurs thought it would be a good idea to sell most of their best to medium players (well, in fairness Berbatov had to go) and still stay in their cosy 5-9th position. No manager in the world could get results with the reserve team they were left with, Ledley King when fit is about the only player who would be a target for the top 4 ffs.

edit- just seen the news on Redknapp. tbh I am surprised, he doesnt seem the type to want anything to do with a comedy board like the one at Spurs. January cant come soon enough for them, and even at that I dont know if any decent players would want anything to do with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

:eek: Ticketmaster knew all along

35lt8gh.jpg

:D

LOL, class :pac:

HE HAS A BETTER TEAM AT PORTSMOUTH...I WONDER WILL NIGEL QUASHIE JOIN IN JANUARY

Hasnt he been with something like 5 PL clubs that all got relegated? :p Buying him is like smashing a mirror.

Im off to lay a grand on Birmingham going to League 1 if he is joining them so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

*rubs eyes*

Just woke up. WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Any Portsmouth fans on boards? They must be sick (again). The club in financial trouble, what decent manager will go near them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Ramos seemed to be losing the plot and I think they had to change him.

I think harry will do alrite with them and keep them up. I'm sure he'll raid pompey in January, as he knows they need to sell, and Diarra is exactly what Spurs are lacking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Didnt Harry say he would never manage another club when he went back to pompey?

Melion wrote: »
    Didnt Harry say he would never manage another club when he went back to pompey?

'arry says a lot of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

'arry was on fivelive this morning, he says Joe Jordan would be more than welcome to join him but reckoned Adams was too Arsenal to follow.

You know we missed a trick here, when Woodgate spoke freely it should have been clear the wheels were in motion and that Ramos was about to be sacked, wonder what PP odds were.

Mike

I think most could see that Ramos was not the man for a relegation dog fight. I still reckon he is a decent manager, but just like Gary Megson isn't the man to be managing a side in the top tier of the table, Ramos isn't the man for the mess Spurs have gotten themselves into.

As a Newky fan, I must admit I am a little jealous with the speed and efficiency this was all done with. Mike Ashley still has Dennis Wise at our club. Like Levy, he had a chance ( that firday night meeting with Kev) to do the right thing, get rid of the people in the club who were hindering it's progression, and get in (or back in our case) a bloke who could motivate and take us forward. We all know that the coward didn't have the stones to tell his mates to jog on. Levy at least has (at quite an expense) gotten rid of 3 blokes (Ramos, Poyet, Comolli) who were his men, and his vision for the club.

I do think 'Arry has alot to answer for to the Pompey fans. I just heard that he will actually be picking the team for Spurs today. To me, that shows how little Pompey meant to him, to move form one job to another so quickly, the speed at which only a prostitute could match.

It is true as others have said that 'Arry shouted from the rooftops that he would be sticking with Pompey for the rest of his career. We all know that Pompey are a bit stuck for cash at the moment, and that is largely down to 'Arry's spending. Essentially, that's his squad, and he mortgaged the clubs future on it. To walk out on that, is pretty crass. Who's to say the next manager will want all those players 'Arry signed on to a fat wage.

Also, I would imagine that the likes of Defoe and Crouch ain't too chuffed, as I am sure 'Arry spun them a few yarns about what he was building at the club.

For me, this move can only be about one thing, MONEY. He has already proven at West Ham that he can do the whole keeping them up thing. He already has European football. He already had a club that was progressing up the league, and really competing at the top of the EPL's second tier league. So, once again, it's been shown how the modern game is just one big cheque book battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

As a Pompey supporter, I'm pretty shocked at the news. This was the last thing I expected to read when I woke up this morning. Best of luck to Harry at Spurs. He probably looks at it as Spurs being the biggest club he could manage - he aint going to get the chance to manage any of the big 4 and Spurs are probably the biggest club outside of them.

My main worry is who we'll get in now. There is talk of Tony Adams and Joe Jordan taking over. Big Sam has also been mentioned. He has done similar things to Bolton as Harry did at Pompey so wouldn't mind seeing him come in tbh. As long as its not another Alain Perrin or Avram Grant I'll be happy. Hope we go out and destroy Fulham to show Harry what a mistake he's made.

BillyBoy wrote: »
    As long as its not another Alain Perrin or Avram Grant I'll be happy.

Jeez you could do a lot worse than Grant

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jeez you could do a lot worse than Grant
    +1

What does that man have to do to prove hes good!

Advertisement