Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos gone

Options
  • 25-10-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

The Club can announce that Damien Comolli, Sporting Director, Juande Ramos, Head Coach and First Team Coaches, Marcos Alvarez and Gus Poyet, have left the Club, with immediate effect. We wish them well.

Clive Allen, Development Squad Coach, and Alex Inglethorpe, Youth Team Manager, will take charge for Sunday's League match against Bolton.

An announcement will be made on First Team coaching staff in due course.

The real culprit stays on...for the moment...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Any idea on replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rumours Harry Redkrapp is on the way, but I am believing nothing until I see him on the bench as there is too much spin making it to the media and into fan sites coming from club sources, all for their own grubby ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Dennis Wise?????

I jest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get your money on the spuds! Managers come and go but Clive Allen is there forever.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 54,163 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

before a big game tomorrow

mg its crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

El Tel? He managing anyone at the moment?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Fcuk me......ther soap opera continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 yiddo_til_i_die

Portsmouth have given permission to speak to Redknapp apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Rednapp confirmed by SSN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

If Levy had waited til after the game tomorrow, and Spurs had won, he wouldnt have an excuse to fire him.

I cant think of anyone suitable for the job atm.

If Levy had waited til after the game tomorrow, and Spurs had won, he wouldnt have an excuse to fire him.

I cant think of anyone suitable for the job atm.

well 'arry's got it, so.

who needs Coronation Street??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

well 'arry's got it, so.

who needs Coronation Street??

So.... preempting the next questions...

1) Who's next for Portsmouth?; and
    2) Who's next for Spurs when Harry replaces whoever's next at Portsmouth?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So.... preempting the next questions...

1) Who's next for Portsmouth?; and
    2) Who's next for Spurs when Harry replaces whoever's next at Portsmouth?

Bring on Roy K - contract at Sunderland not redone yet!!

Harry as saviour - cant believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

i am unsure about harry but something had to be done, we could not continue like that, i am shocked with the scale of the action, ramos, poyet, alverez, camoli all gone...
    5 mil compensation to pompey, how much for ramos?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Remainder of his contract, £15m or so.

With the £5m to Pompey that's Keane's transfer fee, no wonder we didn't replace him...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

Whats are the chances he brings tony adams and sol with him??? kidding

telegraph.co.uk

Portsmouth admitted that they have “reluctantly agreed” to let their manager go after being offered £5million in compensation by Spurs and Redknapp will take charge for the game against Bolton later today at White Hart Lane “It’s going to be done tonight so I’ll be in place by tomorrow,” Redknapp said. “I will go in the dressing-room before the game and at half-time. Hopefully we can get a result tomorrow. “Tottenham offered crazy money and if we’re honest it was too good for Portsmouth to turn down. It works out for everybody because it gives me a last chance to manage at a big club before I retire.” "I love Portsmouth and I loved my time there, we had some fantastic success and I'd never been happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dont mean to say i told you so, but did i not say during the week that harry the gangster would jump at the chance at managing us.

Im pissed here, but slightly pleased.

Sad for Juande, but it needed change.

Yid Army Yid Army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

I'm drunk and cannot fathom whether this is a good move or not. My brother rang me earlier about this and I was sure he was taking the piss. So long Damien Commoli, you bastard..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

At least Harry plays simple sensible football. Whether our players are just too stupid or Ramos was too bad at communicating we didn't have a clue on the pitch. Harry will likely get us back to doing the basics that we need to crawl up the table. Sometimes you look at his teams, those of O'Neil, and Keano and you think that football management might be simpler than some of the 'bluffers' seem to think.

Really glad this came now, it just wasn't happening for us, and Ramos cut a figure who was regretting leaving Spain.

And that Comolli moron going is a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i am delighted.
    never a harry fan, but truth be told, he knows how to manage a bunch of losing tossers and clowm bags.

and if there was ever a bunch of losers and clown bags, its us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

happy that a clean sweep is done (well almost levy is still here!)

think redknapp will at least put up a good fight and try to stay up. dont think he will bring the club any further than martin jol but he will bring them further than Jaun point ramos anyway!

any one know how long his contract is for?

a result today and it will be my best day of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Let's hope Redknapp can stabilise the ship until the summer and then Roy Keane comes in.He's not going to do it with the primadonnas he has at the moment,maybe he could bring in Diarra for big bucks in January.

Massive failure on a professional level for Ramos-obviously was not able to communicate at all-such a difference to Scolari and his press conferences.

The soap opera continues......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We're 1-0 up at the mo, Good start for him.

I'm not a harry fan to put it very midly however something about his appointment does make sense think about it,

As said good with working with Tossers
    Seems to be good at dealing for players
    Speaks the language
    I cant see him ever taking **** off anyone I'd love it if Berbatov was still there
    Been in this situation before.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

we're a mad club, where else would you see it...:confused:

have read somewhere that ramos was sacked one day before he was in charge for a year and it was suggested that he had to be in the job for a year to claim unfair dismissal!

surely his start to the season would not suggest his dismissal was anything but unfair especially as he was given the job because jol was to have taken us as far as he could and jaunde was the man to break up the big four!

any comments on this?

Jaunde short of a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

keane=cock wrote: »
    have read somewhere that ramos was sacked one day before he was in charge for a year and it was suggested that he had to be in the job for a year to claim unfair dismissal!

surely his start to the season would not suggest his dismissal was anything but unfair especially as he was given the job because jol was to have taken us as far as he could and jaunde was the man to break up the big four!

any comments on this?

Jaunde short of a year!

Now appears there was a buyout clause in his contract if we were in bottom half of table - i think it was the Mail who claim total payout to all 3 was £2M.
    A good day's work - no passion, no communication and few points.
    Go on Arry.

galinka wrote: »
    Now appears there was a buyout clause in his contract if we were in bottom half of table - i think it was the Mail who claim total payout to all 3 was £2M.
    A good day's work - no passion, no communication and few points.
    Go on Arry.

thats good news too. no wonder the pompey payout was so big! its peanuts compared to the 15 mill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I wasn't sure how to react to this news when I first heard it on Sunday morning. I feel sorry for Poyet as I liked him, though I guess a complete clear-out was required. The one thing we needed was someone who had Premiership experience and could get the best out of the existing crop of players, and outside Martin O'Neill or Mark Hughes, Harry is the man. If he can do for Spurs what he has done for Portsmouth, we'll be fine this season, and hopefully pushing for top 6 next season, followed by a run at the top 4.

Monday morning was the first time I thought about Spurs all season and smiled, as I believe he'll get us out of this mess!

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »

Monday morning was the first time I thought about Spurs all season and smiled, as I believe he'll get us out of this mess!

i beat you by one day. sunday morning i was cheering for joy. the win just sweetened the deal for me.......

Advertisement