Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zara Phillips injured and her horse Tsunami II killed

Options
  • 26-10-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Tragedy has struck at Pau Horse Trials for Zara Phillips. The current World Champion has lost one of her advanced rides, Tsunami II, after a fall at fence 15 on the cross-country course.

Zara suffered a broken collarbone and the 10-year-old mare was found to have broken her neck after being transported back to the veterinary clinic. She was then put down. Pau was the mare's first attempt at four-star.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/270774.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Poor horse

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I'm surprised she moved her up to 4* level tbh...

Poor Zara though - RIP Tsunami x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Sounds horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Tragic. I've said it somewhere before I worked with alot of eventers; now up to 2 and 3 star and at national level only but there is so much of this happening I don't want my kids to take it up its awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EMZ0907

Alibear wrote: »
    I'm surprised she moved her up to 4* level tbh...

Poor Zara though - RIP Tsunami x

me too!:( i saw somewhere and for the life of me i cant remember but it was about zara and her mare Tsunami training for 3star and the trainer said she was a bit green for it and did think she would be ready?that wasnt long ago i saw it but could be a old interview???

sorry if im wrong!i mean no offence!i love love love zara phillips and admire her alot!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Its not going to do the sport any good though, given her high profile.

Better that then her failing a drugs test tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

It's not like she could have just gone into 4* without proper qualification is it? Don't they require that you complete a 3* or two first.

btw anyone know what happened Lynch? Is he banned or not. I kmow it's the wrong thread but i thought starting another one might be ott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Better that then her failing a drugs test tbh.

How is a dead horse and injured rider better than failing a drugs test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

togster wrote: »
    It's not like she could have just gone into 4* without proper qualification is it? Don't they require that you complete a 3* or two first.

btw anyone know what happened Lynch? Is he banned or not. I kmow it's the wrong thread but i thought starting another one might be ott.

He got 3 month ban officially served on him, it was announced last week from what i can remember. He should only have about 3 more weeks of it left to serve at this stage, he may be back competing before xmas, if there's anything major on i'd say.

• Advertisement

MDFM wrote: »
    How is a dead horse and injured rider better than failing a drugs test?

I meant for the sport. obvously a dead horse benefits no one, but then it only ''hurts'' Philips.

Had there been another drugs scandal - World Number 1 on doped horse, then no one gains, the sport gets another series of bad press and Philips ends up worse off.

As bad as it sounds, better a dead horse then a doped one. Off course, worst case would be a dead, doped horse.

Lynch got the three month ban effective from the day he was banned in HK.

I have a transcript of the proceedings somewhere, will post it up when I find the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Scary :( I can't understand why course designers insist on putting these roll top skinnys in at every possibility. To me they invite a horse to leave a leg. The smooth rounded surface invites a dropped leg. Also i don't hink they should be put at the start of a combination or going downhill. I saw a similar fall at burghley this year at one of these types of fences. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PrideandLuna

togster wrote: »
    Scary :( I can't understand why course designers insist on putting these roll top skinnys in at every possibility. To me they invite a horse to leave a leg. The smooth rounded surface invites a dropped leg. Also i don't hink they should be put at the start of a combination or going downhill. I saw a similar fall at burghley this year at one of these types of fences. :mad:

I agree 100% they can be death-traps!!!

Advertisement