Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 problem

• 26-10-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

A friend of mine has the E51, the Call button and the number 1 button are becoming not too easy to press, you have to really press on them to get them to register.

Its almost like there is something stuck behind them.......it was just the Call button at first, now both.

Anyone else have this happen? I dont want to go taking it apart to see if there is something stuck in there, its only 3 weeks old and I dont want to mess it up and then take it to O2 and have them laugh at me and tell us where to go!

If we bring it into O2 will they send it off for repair?

Its a business account, if that makes any difference......

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

First one button, then another button "almost as if there's something stuck"... Do you see a pattern, maybe? It's probably dirt. Before you send it away, where they'll f*ck with the fw as s.o.p., go to a decent electronics shop and try having it cleaned with pressurised air... If that doesn't help, you can still send it away, but make sure you do a proper backup, cause they will update the firmware wether you want it or not!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Take it apart. All you need it a Torx screw driver.

I have the official nokia service manual. Contains disassembly/reassembly instructions.
    PM if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I disagree with both posts
    I have service manuals also but with a 3 week old phone, I'd bring it back to O2

Here's what O2 have on their website

If your phone becomes faulty within the first 30 days of purchase, then you are entitled to a fully boxed replacement phone or a refund - whichever you prefer. To avail of either a refund or a new replacement phone, you must send your phone back to us by freepost. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate a replacement for refund within 30 days with an O2 Retail store. If you receive the phone as a Speak easy Christmas gift, we will provide you with a refund within 30 days of the 25th of December, if the phone has become faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

whisht wrote: »
    I disagree with both posts
    I have service manuals also but with a 3 week old phone, I'd bring it back to O2

Here's what O2 have on their website

If your phone becomes faulty within the first 30 days of purchase, then you are entitled to a fully boxed replacement phone or a refund - whichever you prefer. To avail of either a refund or a new replacement phone, you must send your phone back to us by freepost. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate a replacement for refund within 30 days with an O2 Retail store. If you receive the phone as a Speak easy Christmas gift, we will provide you with a refund within 30 days of the 25th of December, if the phone has become faulty.

Oh, damn, you're right... I missed the part where it's an almost new phone ;):) (I still think it's dirty :lol: But let O2 figure that out)

Advertisement