Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get to Glenmalure !

• 26-10-2008 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

A few weeks ago I went camping to Glenmalure in Wicklow, Turn left at the pub in Laragh, over the stone bridge and the next right. You will see a sign saying not suitable for horse drawn caravans ! I saw jays, perigrine falcons, lizards, stoats, rabbits and a pine martin. If you need more details about anything pm me . M

PS... also The glenmalure pub does great grub and not expensive either, and I know a brilliant camping spot M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Get a pic of that pine marten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

And Red Squirrels also. Glenmalure and around must be one of the few places east of the Shannon you can still see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dogmatix wrote: »
    And Red Squirrels also. Glenmalure and around must be one of the few places east of the Shannon you can still see them.
    I'm also pretty sure I've seen them in the woods between the road that runs from Oldbridge past the Adventure Centre and the banks of Lough Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes they are there. Perhaps the most easterly population is in Bray. Two spots you may Know. Killarney Rd and Church rd corner(copse of scots pines there) although the dreaded greys are there too and at small copse near Hills garage. Plenty in Enniskerry area and Glen of Downs also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes they are there. Perhaps the most easterly population is in Bray. Two spots you may Know. Killarney Rd and Church rd corner(copse of scots pines there) although the dreaded greys are there too and at small copse near Hills garage. Plenty in Enniskerry area and Glen of Downs also.
    Thanks for that, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

They must be quite widespread in Wicklow so - although it is ominous to hear the greys are encrouching into Bray now.

As for Glenmalure - I also spotted a tiny (dead) shrew there a while back while walking up near Kellys lough. It must have been the smallest mammel I have ever seen. I'll post a pic if I can.

Advertisement