Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back on My Feet

Options
  • 26-10-2008 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

After nearly 4 months of not being able to squatt, i go back tommorrow. So i thought now would be the time to start a log. I had being doint starting strength up until july and then was interupted by injury. For the last two months ive been doing a mixture of everything upperbody, attempting one body part per session. I intened going back to starting strengh but with a couple of extra things i feel i need/things i found benifical.

Workout A

Frt Squat 3x5
    Dead Lift 3x5
    One Arm Row 3x5
    Barbell Row 3x5
    Pull Ups 3xfail (ideally like to be doing chin ups bt really struggle)
    Rotor Cuff Work (varying)

Workout B
    Back Squat 3x5
    Power Clean 3x5 (had switched to clean and jerk but going back)
    Good Mornings 3x5 (hamstring strength has been my downfall)
    Bench Press 3x5
    Seated Military Press 3x5
    Weighted Dips 3x8-10

Aswel as this I do try and get some extra core work aswel as a few of the old favourites in in the mornings

Weighted Hyper Extentions
    Push Ups
    Crunches
    Russian Twists (w/medicine ball)
    Hanging Leg Rasies

Plan is to slip back to 2 days a week, with rugby training another two with a match. 3-4 days swimming (about 35mins) is my week completed. Before I get going on this (which will be monday) id love if someone have it the once over.

Goals are to improve power and strength. Previous shoulder and hamstring problems (hence rotor cuff and good mornings)

Im 6'2 and 91kg.

Cheers

Advertisement