Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mucksavage food - ya gotta appreciate it

Options
  • 26-10-2008 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

OK this is prob best suited to BGRH but anyhow....
    Polietly walked into Kebab House tonight, fcukin massive Q, "its gotta be worth it"

Got to make my order... waited for the soundest out of the blokes in there "2 x 4.50's" says I with a smile "ah my friend, 5.50 after 6pm" says h3e

I saqy "4.50 each or no dice" - "ok my friend"

So, 2 burgers, 2 curry cheese chips and 2 bottles of water for 9euro - epic win imho, and an ultimate success to me as I did it alone without gawking

.... I await my medal in the post, nic eone lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Christ is it now called the 5:50.:(
    Seems like only yesterday twas "gimme a 3:60 there horse".

Now this is really where inflation catches the common (*hungry drunk) man. ;)

Fair play to ya horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

KEBAB HOUSE, ALL THE WAY!:)

Yo Steyr!

How come no cinema last night? Was awaiting your appearance, but it wasn't so?

Oh and hotdogs in the Kebab house are nyom nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kazooie wrote: »
    Christ is it now called the 5:50.:(
    Seems like only yesterday twas "gimme a 3:60 there horse".

Now this is really where inflation catches the common (*hungry drunk) man. ;)

Fair play to ya horse.

The original was a 2.40 (irish money) when it was the 2 guys running the show - beat that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Yo Steyr!

How come no cinema last night? Was awaiting your appearance, but it wasn't so?

Oh and hotdogs in the Kebab house are nyom nyom!

Bloody Fintan wanted to go to Eddie Rockets, we kept telling him to hurry up but it took him AGES to eat a burger n chips, we wanted to meet ya at the bar, we were there though, Burn After Reading= LEGEND Film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

I had a Taco Fries with cheese from the Kebab House over the weekend...sensational!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually there's a noodle bar where Munchies used to be and you can get any starter and main with a bottle of water for 9.99.
    Savage feed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    The original was a 2.40 (irish money) when it was the 2 guys running the show - beat that!

Who's running it now?

kraggy wrote: »
    Who's running it now?

Duno if they still own it, but it's different guys in there now. They're sound, but nowhere near as generous as the original guys

Christ lads ye gotta love the haggling. Went into Kebab House again last night, total came to something like 11euro (5.50 meal, extra curry chips, chicken balls, seperate drink etc. - there were 2 of us obviously) - haggled the feckers down to 9 euro :D Swear ta god tis' like a proper Turkish market in there with the dodgy haggling I do be doing... seriously lads, try it - they actually love it deep down :p The other customers loved my cheapskate antics :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I reckon I might try it in Supermacs and see what sort of reaction I'll get !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

Christ lads ye gotta love the haggling. Went into Kebab House again last night, total came to something like 11euro (5.50 meal, extra curry chips, chicken balls, seperate drink etc. - there were 2 of us obviously) - haggled the feckers down to 9 euro :D Swear ta god tis' like a proper Turkish market in there with the dodgy haggling I do be doing... seriously lads, try it - they actually love it deep down :p The other customers loved my cheapskate antics :pac:

I was there, we thought you were an arsehole.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I reckon I might try it in Supermacs and see what sort of reaction I'll get !:D
    :D

04KY wrote: »
    So does the rest of the world, whats your point? :pac:
    PS. What was I wearing then fooljaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I AM DRNUK POEPLE

Uh huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

04KY wrote: »

Knacker behaviour alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

:D

So does the rest of the world, whats your point? :pac:
    PS. What was I wearing then fooljaw?

I'm going to guess a pink thong with my little ponys on them. Haggling in a chipper is pretty f'in low. I'd send you over to Vinnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Having sampled The Charcoal Grill Taco Cheese Fries over the weekend I have to say, Charcoal bates The Kebab House on that one and that says alot!

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'm going to guess a pink thong with my little ponys on them. Haggling in a chipper is pretty f'in low. I'd send you over to Vinnies.

Dude, chill the beans ya weirdo. It was a bit of drunken craic that I ended up benefiting from. The only reason I even did it was because the meal that costs 5.50 at night only costs 3.50 during the day - So I chanced my arm trying to get it for the daytime price and succeeded :D

Christ I hate the complacent Irish attitude - It's no wonder we live in a ripoff society with attitudes like yours. In my line of work (hobby more than anything) when i'm agreeing contracts with clients I almost always get asked if I can 'do any better on the price' - Of course I knock a few quid off, because it almost guarantees a Signature along the dotted line, and usually increased business through positive word of mouth.... just like the way I always return to the Kebab House after a night on the sauce; because the lads in there are sound, up for a bit of a laugh when ordering food (ie. nearly always greet you with a smile, have a joke or two) etc.

All IMHO of course

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Having sampled The Charcoal Grill Taco Cheese Fries over the weekend I have to say, Charcoal bates The Kebab House on that one and that says alot!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... I hate the complacent Irish attitude - It's no wonder we live in a ripoff society with attitudes like yours.

+1 to that.

If the guys in Kebab House didn't want to barter, they'd pretty quickly tell you to pay up or "push" off.

The best thing about the recession is that it will force Irish people who've got used to a high standard of living to get over themselves and think about the real value of their money.

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    +1 to that.

If the guys in Kebab House didn't want to barter, they'd pretty quickly tell you to pay up or "push" off.

The best thing about the recession is that it will force Irish people who've got used to a high standard of living to get over themselves and think about the real value of their money.

Never a truer word spoken on boards.ie :D

BTW, I haggled BEFORE I placed my order, so it's hardly 'low' tbh - It's not like I was handed the food and then refused to pay what the cashier wanted me to pay.

In various countries around the world it would be considered strange NOT to haggle. While a recession is hardly considered a great thing, one good thing about one is that it might hopefully make people realise that we're being fleeced in Ireland compared to the UK/US etc. (Granted that it's not thanks to Eire that the Euro is strong against the Sterling/Dollar atm, and that we pay higher VAT than the likes of the UK etc.)

-EDIT- For shame, I went to the Kebab House the last day for 'the cure' (Same meal :D) - I was only charged 3.50 (Same guy!) for the thing - and I didn't even haggle (I don't mind the daytime price for it, well worth it eventhough it's takeaway greasy sh1te - great hangover cure) - Yes, 3.50 for a Cheeseburger, chips with curry cheese and a bottle of water!! And the best bit, as soon as I entered the place, the guy looked at me, smiled and said "Hello my drunken friend" - So they're obviously happy with the business I give them in my drunken states - Win Win imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

Have to agree with ya

Advertisement