Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what about that WCG Irish team?

• 26-10-2008 6:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I dunno, I really want the Irish team to do well in Germany, but I really don't think they have the talent. I mean, have you seen them play? It's pretty embarassing. How they even made it to the qualifier is beyond me, they probably shouldn't have been allowed in.

Also, have you seen them? I'm pretty sure that big rugby guy is covering up for something. Something to do with liking men. REALLY liking men...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Redbull47

Have you played the team? Yes they have a weaklink but they beat all competition so how can they be denied their place? It was well earned, they played some brilliant Halo and I have no doubt they will do Ireland proud in Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

am who are you? ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Sexy Bono wrote: »
    I dunno, I really want the Irish team to do well in Germany, but I really don't think they have the talent. I mean, have you seen them play? It's pretty embarassing. How they even made it to the qualifier is beyond me, they probably shouldn't have been allowed in.

Also, have you seen them? I'm pretty sure that big rugby guy is covering up for something. Something to do with liking men. REALLY liking men...

WTF??
    If your in such a position to give such abuse why aren't you representing us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

good point, something dodgy going on there, imo. Sure we'll see how it plays out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sexy Bono

To answer a couple of questions, yeah I've played the guys a few times, they're alright. Considering I hardly ever play the weren't exactly great. Kinda got the feeling that they were more interested in looking at me than paying attention to the game. I suppose it worked as a strategy cos they put me off my game so much, though I think that getting their "manager" to start feeling me up was out of line. Does anyone know if the guys are on boards? Someone should get them to sign up...

I think Korvanica is the only one here who knows the score, to be honest.

• Advertisement

wow your obviously bad,

"Hey! if you are gonna make this gay you cant play."

No sexy bono is pretty good, fair play man, Ive played with him.
    neilk32 wrote: »
    wow your obviously bad,

you jump to conclusions pretty quick dont you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Thats juts coz he thinks he knows everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

This is how it works :

- There is this team that wins WCG Ireland - guys that want to sacrifice some of their time to be the best and to represent their country - that team goes to WCG World Finals .

The End.

And i am gonna cheer on them :)

Korvanica wrote: »
    "Hey! if you are gonna make this gay you cant play."
    you jump to conclusions pretty quick dont you?

no,

• Advertisement

Neilk is right, and i bet Sexy Bono is bad. Why the hate for the wcg team? If yer so good why arent ye representing Ireland? Did Bono even go to Wcg qualifiers?

well if he did he got raped

well if he did he got raped

FACT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

I really have to stick up for sexy bono. The Irish team really don't disserve to be there. they are an embarrassment to the quality of Irish halo players.

Their heart just isn't in it. And even if it was they are lacking the quality for make any sort of impact on the competition.

And that rugby wannabe jock I have also seen him gallivanting with young boys, namely a young boy called "Squall"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can we wait to see how they preform rather than just slagging the **** out of them?

ah here this is getting stupid now, not one person posting here is ever going to be as good as zac or wardy and the people posting are an embarassment to irish halo.

not one person posting here is ever going to be as good as zac or wardy

How do you know? Practise makes perfect :D

How do you know? Practise makes perfect :D

The three guys on their team have more talent than most ppl posting have in their little finger. STFU or lend some support. If you are all so critical of the team where were you for qualifiers?

Redbull47 wrote: »
    The three guys on their team have more talent than most ppl posting have in their little finger. STFU or lend some support. If you are all so critical of the team where were you for qualifiers?

I was organising the celebration party for the lads who won, they came back and we got wasted off our faces and it was a great night. So im lending my share of support.

Im good mates with two of the lads and i live with one of them...I play with them regularly and can put up a decent fight. (Although they almost always beat me). So you STFU..

That is all.. lol, angry much?

So if your mates with the lads why the slagging before they have even departed for Cologne? I have seen the games they have played and to me some of them are ready. vivgrise or whats his name is leading the way and goes positive almost all of the time. Cut them some slack Germany will tell all.

• Advertisement

So if your mates with the lads why the slagging before they have even departed for Cologne?

Oh so i slagged them did i? Hmm, ... Where??? Please Quote me where i slagged them, apart from my first post which i agreed with the rugby jock liking men part. As thats what we do, we slag each other for fun.
    Yea the lads are vomit inducingly good, they'll do great in Germany.

misread much? ;)

Oh so i slagged them did i? Hmm, ... which i agreed with the rugby jock liking men part.

Yea the lads are vomit inducingly good, they'll do great in Germany.

misread much? ;)

Thats what i was getting at, what does somebody sexuality have to do with halo, but back on topic its good to see somebody in agreement that the lads will do well

Ah yea, sure we'll see what happens. Anyone know if there is any type of coverage? Apard from the website updates.? etc

Well that wouldn't be too hard, would it? I mean, I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of talent in my little finger. I doubt many people do. I'd say even if you got every person to play with only their little fingers, you'd have a very hard time playing Halo. You have played the game before yeah? So to say that 3 of the guys going to Germany (what about the 4th, is he not as good? Could I beat him with my little finger?) ave more talent than I have in my little finger.... it's a bit of a fallacy, isn't it?

Also, Beno I'm glad that somebody knows the score. Thirdly Korvanica, are you sure that was a party for the Irish Halo team? Not a party for a particularly sexy northerner? Or was he misled... the fool. :(

Oh, and LOL at most of these replies. Though I was only being half-serious, I hope they do well. Apart from that ****ing rugby jock. You know he's **** at beer pong too?

EDIT: Actually when is the tournament? Will there be any live feeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

the [ Halo3 ] Tournament starts on 6. November, first games : 12:00 cet

first ThreeDIreland's game : 6. november @ 12:00 cet vs. brazilian team HBR @ 12:00 cet .

there should be a general feed available ...

We will be following Irish Team in Germany and will try to provide you with teh updates on scores and such @ www.soon :)

Also, Beno I'm glad that somebody knows the score. Thirdly Korvanica, are you sure that was a party for the Irish Halo team? Not a party for a particularly sexy northerner? Or was he misled... the fool. :(

you were the main man that night and you know it.

you were the main man that night and you know it.

I know, it's just nice to hear it every once in a while. ;)

quadv.com are gonna be covering the wcg

Cool, you helping the lads train tonight neil? Lalor(Samacora) was sayin ardiko is having a ton of people up for a lan. Mentioned somet about yourself too..

Bad night though, whatb with halloween etc. YEAAA!

• Advertisement

nah i home in tipp , im heading up to them on sunday morn. They'll be well prepared by the end of the weekend anyway. we'll be hitting them hard haha

Advertisement