Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what about that WCG Irish team?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

neilk32 wrote: »
    quadv.com are gonna be covering the wcg

.. and esports.ie will be bringing you news about Team Ireland @ WCG Finals \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sexy Bono

I checked the quadv site, but they don't seem to be showing the lads, is there anywhere else that might have it?

In all seriousness though, come on the lads! I know he's probably not reading this but Lalor, you know how many sexual favours will be available to you when you go back home if you win, that's gotta be incentive enough! :D

Sexy Bono wrote: »
    I checked the quadv site, but they don't seem to be showing the lads, is there anywhere else that might have it?

In all seriousness though, come on the lads! I know he's probably not reading this but Lalor, you know how many sexual favours will be available to you when you go back home if you win, that's gotta be incentive enough! :D

Well, yeah QuadV team are the official commentator team, but they do not pick games to be broadcasted, those are picked by WCG. Unfortunately none of the Irish group games are scheduled for live stream :/
    Once they advance - they might appear on "The screen 1 or 2 " :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

are the times on the wcg site CET (+2) or GMT?

Korvanica wrote: »
    are the times on the wcg site CET (+2) or GMT?

CET = GMT + 1 , btw First results just in !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

So thats it!They are out!Ah well i'm sure yis did your best guys.GG.Maybe next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The win against Brazil was a great start. They were really unlucky against Italy having lead for most of the game by 1-4 frags. France were just on a whole new level but they guys knew that going into the game. They've set the mark for future WCG Ireland halo teams so hopefully the WCG pick up halo as I'm sure there will be a queue of people looking to get a shot in China next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yea its a pity. :(

Ah Well...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

i hope samacora was playing his best because id hate to see any of the lads getting mad at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Synergy IRL

me (XYZ Scyther) and Deano(XYZ Deany) wll be old enough to go to the next wcg. We will raise the level next year, and we will most likely team with Wardy and Ardiko. Ireland will do MUCH better in halo next year.. if there is(hopefully) a team sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

hmmm i havent ever encountered any good iriah players to date on halo 3

i wanna see how good these ppl playing for ireland are

anyone wanna play me??

gt : o Onemonth o

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

TBH we were up by 14-15 kills at one stage against italy, with 4 minutes to go, and we somehow lost by 5 kills. We got beaten by france, who made it to the final, and tbh France were not that much better than us.

They had better teamwork, and honestly we were not even a proper team, just 4 players who won Irish WCG. We never played together before then.

Italy were knocked out by the eventual winners, so to anyone who thinks Halo isn't the way to go, i give you two fingers my friend.

We were not even allowed to warm up, only 5 minutes of FFA. We were all cold, and i missed some shots i would of normally nailed. This was a sore point with everyone there, and a really good team LowLandLions went out cos one of their guys had to go back to his hotel to get a BIB so he could play, he wasnt allowed to warm up and went -14.

And next year we will have at LEAST 5-6 AMAZING teams, with some brilliant players coming through. In my opinion, we will never win a medal in CSS, in Halo we already very nearly had top 8, coming top 12.

Ahead of China, Brazil, Mexico, Singapore, Korea, New Zealand,
    Equal wit a really good Portugal team, and an English team looking to go PRO.

Also we will have a pretty good chance next year with seeding, as we will be top 12, and the new teams coming through we should get an easier bracket.

Thanks to Bio, Kinetic, Saber and MickeyT for and amazing trip in Germany!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sabre dammit! :D The luck of the Irish.....abandoned the Irish! The Halo match v Italy could have gone either way. But as long as the lads take something from the experience and come back fighting it's all good. Halo scene in Ireland looks promising if the stories are to be believed.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ArdiKo

Irish team next year will beast it up no doubt.
    Playing with aran and dean on sunday at wgl.

Dominating the halo scene begins. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

if thats what they call getting carried :p just kidding with ya

Advertisement