Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Anytime Mobile (+ Setanta Sports Remote Record problem)

Options
  • 26-10-2008 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to Remote Record a match on Setanta Sports and have run in to 2 problems, that I'm wondering has anyone solved already:

1) In the new draggable TV listings, the only way I can get Setanta Sports to appear in the listing is to select London (or some UK) location. Using Rep of Ireland or filtering by my subscription doesn't show any Setanta channel. When London is selected, Setanta appears, but when I go to remote record it tells me it's not on my sub. OK! So I switch to the older listing now called the screen reader listing. Setanta appears OK there, but when I go to remote record, I'm asked to login. Up until a few weeks ago that worked. Now, I'm taken to the newer site and login successfully, but redirec to the newer grid listing. Going back to screen reader version, the page says "Welcome Cathal Garvey", but RR still asks me to login, and it's a vicious circle. Any workaround?

2) Trying Sky Anytime Mobile hasn't yielded much luck. I login to MySky, click on Sky Anytime Mobile in the left menu (under "My TV"), and get brought to the anytime.sky.com site. I go through the "How do I get it" steps (my phone is listed), and get told I need to register for it "Create or log in to your My Sky account. Under 'Sky Anytime Mobile', click 'Add Service' and follow the on-screen instructions." If I follow those directions I get brought back to the same anytime.sky.com website (with no option to add service, or anything like it). I've found a direct download link (http://mobile.sky.com/skyapp/ from your phone), but I can't login (because I haven't added the service). How do I add the service?

Finally. Sky website: WTF? It's all over the place and completely disjointed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Well the Sky Anytime Mobile problem is a known issue with Sky. If you've an odd number of mixes (I have 3) then the Sky Anytime Mobile option to add service won't appear under your Sky Services. So that's that much explained.

I'm assuming no Irish Setanta Sports customer is able to Remote Record from the new Sky EPG on the website, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Cheers barnicles, I found this thread earlier alright which I got Sky to confirm.

No sign of the Setanta issue on Remote Record anywhere though.

Advertisement