Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vectra Estate, yay or nay?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a low mileage 2008 Vectra Estate 1.9CDti SRI with sat nav from the UK landed for about €21K. This would be a replacement for a Megane Estate, a great car and the cost to change would be around €10K. The Vectra looks amazing value, it is a Vauxhaul over there so don't know how that would effect things here come re-sale, but the plan would be to hold onto it for a few years so not too concerned about re-sale value.

I'm not too clued up on Vetras but I believe the engine is shared with Fiat and is highly rated.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Vauxhall badge and new model will hurt values, but apart from that I'm sure it'd be a decent buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It sure is a lot of car for 21K euro.I assume it is the 150bhp engine as opposed to 120?? If it is the 150, it'd have a fair bit of go and should be fairly economical.I hear that fiat engine is pretty reliable too.6-speed 'box too

As for that vauxhall badge, it would put you at a bit of a disadvantage when reselling because people can see straight away that its an import.Theres nothing you can do about that though so if you're planning on keeping it for a while, it sounds like a great buy.I actually quite like the look of the SRi vectra's too(Has it 18" alloys??) and the boot in the estate is vectra has always known to be massive.It won the whatcar award for best estate for a few years until the latest mondeo came along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

It is the 150bhp version, link here...

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(3wnv03unziyxx4fpspprwxb0))/Search/VehicleDetails.aspx?vehicle=205459&diesel=yes

I know the new model is coming but this seems like such good value....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

I have the hatchback SRi CDTi 150 and its a fantastic engine. Plenty of easy power and withe 50+ mpg as well....couldn't recommend it more. The SRi suspension is very stiff especially with the 18" alloys and is hard on the back after a while. Had the estate on a driving holiday in Scotland and its massive....you could live in it. At that price I'd go for it

Advertisement