Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Emergency Exit seats

Options
  • 26-10-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

I am flying to New York on Tuesday with Aer Lingus. As I'm running the marathon tomorrow my legs are likely to be a little tender and could do with the extra room. (Am conscious the flight may be full of marathon runners returning to USA).

I rang Aer Lingus this morning to see about getting emergency exit seats, but they told me to just turn up early at check-in and request them there.

I thought it would be possible to do this a few days in advance. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Base

You would've had the opportunity to choose your seat when you initially made the booking. You should still be able to do so by going to the 'manage my booking' section on their website but it's likely any emergency exit seats available have been booked at this stage. I think your only real option now is to turn up early like they said, not all seats on the aircraft can be selected online so there should still be emergency exit seats available which will be allocated on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Emergency exit seats on EI transatlantic cannot be booked online at all and are not available via web checkin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Emergency exit seats on EI transatlantic cannot be booked online at all and are not available via web checkin.
    Quite true.

EI do not allow pax to pre-book these seats as the check in staff must assess that you are suitable to be seated here. Exit rows are 12AC,HK and 31AC,HK. Row 9 is not an exit but does offer slightly more legroom.

People with broken legs or parents with infants often ask for exit rows to avail of the extra legroom. Hence the need to actually see the pax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bramble wrote: »
    People with broken legs or parents with infants often ask for exit rows to avail of the extra legroom. Hence the need to actually see the pax.

Interesting.
    So a person who has a broken leg might be desperate to get one of these seats but staff will refuse and instead put a fit and able person in the emergency exit seat on saftety grounds?

Makes sense :)

Advertisement