Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guild update (26/10/2008)

• 26-10-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Guild update (26/10/2008)

As Marideus is gone for a week, I thought I would throw the whole guild on its head and try and re-shuffle things and hopefully re-spark a bit of life back into the guild.

Now, don’t all go jumping down my neck, they are changes that Marideus can keep or just throw in the bin when he gets back, but I think it was time for a bit of a update to the guild ranking system. Hopefully to promote more team play and because WAR is a game about fighting and well….WAR, I have broken the ranks down like an army.

Below is a list of the different ranks. Again, none of this is set in stone and all feedback and suggestions are welcome. We will be looking for volunteers to fill the role of the officers which act like platoon leaders and war band organizers for their respective level(tier). Or just to inform people on Guild chat that X keep is under attack etc….

I have also gave nearly everybody permission to invite new members, as I think our numbers are starting to lack. Also check your guild rank permissions in the guild screen in game to check out your Bank vault entitlements.

Now a quick explanation as to the ranking system.

Guild Leader.
    Self Explanatory.

Cultist.
    Guild leader’s council, advisors, backup… etc.
    Chosen by the Guild leader, no level requirement.

Immortal. Qty (3-5)
    Level 40 officer.

Daemon.
    Level 40 member.

Berserker. Qty (4-8)
    Level 20-39 officer.

Legion.
    Level 20-39 member.

Warrior. Qty (3-5)
    Level 10-20 officer.

Renegade.
    Level 10-20 member.

Spawn
    Level 1-10.

AWOL
    Members who have not been on-line for a month get moved to the AWOL rank. If a member doesn’t log on within a total of three months they get kicked from the guild.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sounds good. Just so you know, I've also made you a site admin on the guild site. You'll see a new admin option on the top right of the screen, so feel free to piddle about with things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Was some nice guild runs on Friday there, good to see a minor shake up! :) Guild runs are key to retaining players and getting people involved in the game and the guild.

There's an addon called Keep Watcher that's very handy for seeing which keeps in your tier are under attack etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I'm starting to wonder though if many of the boards people who the guild was formed by, are going to come back.

There seems to be 4-8 people on every night and alot of negative vibes coming from here that people are finished with the game.

I would like and try and keep it going, But might have to loose the Boards guild association and just use the website Hemp set up in future. We really need a huge recruitment drive if we are to last as a guild.

It's a pity really, because there was alot of enthusiasm about the game. look at the post counts on the MMO section of boards, WAR over took all of them except EVE(nearly there) and WoW and the game is only out a few weeks.

I'll give Cry Me A RvR another few weeks and if things don't pick up, I'll probably jump ship and join another guild.

I really like the game and have no plans of giving it up in the near future, but I'm not holding myself back for a guild that just didn't get off the ground.

I think the server queues turned alot of people off when the game was just really picking up, I havent seen a server queue in weeks now which has made the game much more enjoyable to play. Definately need to recruit more though as you said, there have been like 5 people on each time recently, and you need more than that to take keeps etc which will be where the real fun is eventually.

Alot of people in the Tier 3 band at the moment. Should try to do some more pewpew together. I'm finding T3 though (mentally), in that in T2 levels were quick to come buy, but its easy enough to finish all the quests in a chapter and sometimes find you still havent leveled in T3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Heya's, seeing as how I didn't keep the game going after the first initial month and don't see myself coming back to it - you may as well boot me from the guild please.

Might come back to it next year if it's still going and if it has improved a lot but for now anyway I'm not bothered with it at all.

If I do start playing again next year, it'll probably be on the US version of the game - really have no faith at all in GOA here to get and keep the game and servers working proper.

Another waste of money though :( really am sick of falling for these MMO failures and do wish someone somewhere will bring out a significant bit of competition to Wow's dominance.

• Advertisement

I can't see WAR beating WoW, or infact any game beating WoW (in player numbers or "finish") for a long time, as no game can go to market with the polish WoW has been able to apply over the last 4 years. For any game to compete it's going to be a marathon not a sprint, tbh I'd imagine many games are happy to be coming in on it's coat tails as WoW broke the back on getting the far more casual players into mmorpgs, and got people used to the subscription model (which in the long run is also good for gamers).

I'm dubious as to whether I'll be playing in 12 months time (I may not be playing next month who knows), but I'd definitely not consider WAR a waste of money. I think it's fair to say it's been the most "market ready" go live to date. They've taken some interesting design decisions, and a number seem to be leaking into other games. At 40 euros for 40 days, it's been good value and more importantly good fun. For people jaded with the other games in the area, it's been refreshing. I have some doubts about how the end game will hold up, but personally Im not that far yet. Apart from the early access mess, since we've gone live I haven't had any reason to throw much on GOAs name. Stuff has generally just worked. Again it might be interesting to see how that works out in the future when the honeymoon period is over. I think its problem might be that in the end all these games end up having to follow a similar model, and to players it does end up being a bit of a grind. Im not clear on what's going to take us away from that.

Im guessing alot of you guys didn't renew your subs since there's rarely anyone on hehe. Hope we have some standard bearers left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Don't forget to turn the lights out before you leave :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My sub is up and my internet connection is rubbish at the moment, so I won't renew until I get it upgraded/fixed. Hopefully there'll still be a couple of players left...

Advertisement