Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get car glass?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I need to replace the front passenger door glass of a '05 corolla. Somebody thought it was a good idea to break it last night. :mad:
    Does anyone know where I can buy the glass from? Is it possible to get the glass on a bank holiday weekend or will i need to wait til Tuesday?
    I plan to install it myself so I just need the glass.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It happened to my mother recently, damned scumbags.

Anyway, why install it yourself. You wont have to pay anymore to get Autoglass to install it.(Or Similar Company)

Autoglass are 24/7 364 days a year.

http://www.autoglass.ie/

Contact them. Your Insurance company will pay for it most of the time anyway and if they dont buy it from Autoglass anyway. Their charges are flat rate anyway meaning the price includes fitting. I doubt they will give you a discount to drive away with the glass.

Worst they can say is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭dclifford

Replacement is not covered by insurance.
    I callled a couple of places and they do not have the glass right now so it will be Monday or Tuesday before they can get it.

I am thinking if I do it myself I might get it done quicker or cheaper.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

dclifford wrote: »
    Replacement is not covered by insurance.
    I callled a couple of places and they do not have the glass right now so it will be Monday or Tuesday before they can get it.

I am thinking if I do it myself I might get it done quicker or cheaper.

Where are you located, know of a few 02-06 corolla hatches in scrappies around wexford/wicklow. Just make sure you get the correct tint. It's not that hard to fit, had to change nearside window in my mates Clio last year. If youre buying new glass its probably near enough the same price on its own as with fitting included. It is with windscreens anyway

Advertisement