Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Laptop LCD

• 26-10-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hey guys my laptop LCD broke last week so I went to PC World and they told me it would cost up to 500 euro to get fixed !!:eek::eek: Anyone know of anywhere that would do it cheap or where I could just buy a cheap lcd and try to fix it myself ?? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ebay is probably your best resource. I do a lot of screen replacements, and get most my stuff from a supplier in the UK. Figure out the size of your screen and order a generic one, will do the job. Research it a bit before you buy though. The most expensive screen I've ever replaced was €300 inc labor. That was a branded replacement too. Shows you the markup they make!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Hi thanks for the reply I'd be looking for the cheapest possible 17" replacement any tips ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

here's one clicky, about 162 euro (that's including shipping). I wouldn't charge a customer more than 50euro if the screen was provided, it's 10 mins work when you know how to fit them. So if you're getting someone to do it, ask them how much first if you supply the screen. If you're asking them to buy the screen and do the work, expect it to be higher.

There's plenty of walkthroughs online for most laptops, but they're all the same really. Note where you took screws from, where they went, any particular order etc..

Advertisement