Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

honda type r

Options
  • 26-10-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

how much would a 0 3 type r hatch cost to buy. would the insurances be high for a 23 year old full license? what are they like to drive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

How much of a no claims bonus do you have?

About 10 grand to buy the very cheapest one..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/results?nParam=4294911140+102550+200287+200303

Here is just one from the top of the list

http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Honda/Civic/Type-R--/200840190264609/advert

Here is the cheapest one on Carzone

http://www.carzone.ie/es-ie/search/Honda/Civic/1.4-type/200840190251719/advert

Insurance is based on who you speak to. Speak to them soon before they hike those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

well be driving for 2 years next jan. is 2l the most common size engine. carzone only has 2l cars

That's not a Type R.

so 2 years no claims and 23..

It's not going to be cheap..No idea really, I'd guess at 2.5k ish? but I've honestly no idea..they don't seem to take age into consideration too much anymore. How long do you have a full license?

and all of those genre type rs have the 2 lite engine?

ClioV6 wrote: »
    That's not a Type R.

so 2 years no claims and 23..

It's not going to be cheap..No idea really, I'd guess at 2.5k ish? but I've honestly no idea..they don't seem to take age into consideration too much anymore.
    and all of those genre type rs have the 2 lite engine?

I know buts its a replica. If you are wondering about the 2ltr then in order for you to have a smaller engine you should look at either a replica, changing the engine or a different car.

• Advertisement

have had it since june

cena wrote: »
    have had it since june

Yeah ok, your insurance is going to be very high.

Oh and, I wouldn't go from a punto to a Type R straight away..It's a very big jump.

well i not going to be buying one any time soon. well the first car i ever drove was a bmw in a garage that i was doing work experinces in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Toyota Levin are a good racer type car, only 1.6 so easy enough to ensure and they have enough power for any sane man ( most are 170bhp ).

You could pick up one for under 5 grand.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1074420

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

but the superstrut suspension is crap for irish roads

• Advertisement

guil07 wrote: »
    but the superstrut suspension is crap for irish roads

Says who?!

Amazing set up and very good on Irish roads.

The way this is going it might be more suited to the modified section of boards.

Moderator?

i'v a cousin that has one of them levins, he can't insuranced on it. don't know why. was told by one of his friends

cena wrote: »
    i'v a cousin that has one of them levins, he can't insuranced on it. don't know why. was told by one of his friends

There's hundreds of reasons as to why someone wouldn't be able to get insurance on a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

hahaha:D
    what is it with young men and the type r?? (me included)

bladebrew wrote: »
    hahaha:D
    what is it with young men and the type r?? (me included)

Ignorance regards other good cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Says who?!

Amazing set up and very good on Irish roads.
    no links or anythin but a few friends had to rplace them in levin's and celica's after the seals went,
    so i presumed they were no good

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's not that their crap on the roads, it is however expensive to replace.

Btw, was he on about a teg or a civic type r? I had a teg one before. Stripped and straight off a track in japan. Thing was a weapon.

Ignorance regards other good cars.

like a clio? something constructive in a reply next time please:(

bladebrew wrote: »
    like a clio? something constructive in a reply next time please:(

Err..because that wasn't constructive?

It's the truth.
    The only reason people obsess about Type Rs is because they (for the most part) aren't aware of anything better.

oh and commenting on Clios// how original. Something constructive in a reply next time please...etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Err..because that wasn't constructive?

It's the truth.
    The only reason people obsess about Type Rs is because they (for the most part) aren't aware of anything better.

oh and commenting on Clios// how original. Something constructive in a reply next time please...etc

I drive a honda integra type r. Im a student. Do you really think i would go out there and spend 10 grand on a car as a student without looking into the other options out there?

You sound very bitter from your post above....maybe your clio keeps breaking down :rolleyes:*

*See my point.....it's a waste of time making stupid comments on here, when they are not called for

Bryn wrote: »
    I drive a honda integra type r. Im a student. Do you really think i would go out there and spend 10 grand on a car as a student without looking into the other options out there?

You sound very bitter from your post above....maybe your clio keeps breaking down :rolleyes:*

*See my point.....it's a waste of time making stupid comments on here, when they are not called for

I never said they weren't good cars.
    They're all very good cars in fact.

I just commented on why they're so popular, and I believe it to be very true, I wouldn't call it stupid at all.

thanks bryn
    i would love an integra type r,even more than i want a civic type r just dont think i could afford/get insurance,as you can see im not on boards long and i have no intention of picking fights with people,there are dozens of other cars i could afford for the price of a civc type r,but i just dont want them,and i apologise for sayin "like a clio" thats not constructive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ive always loved the type R's, but the DC5 integra Type R is a stunner. Hopefully over the next couple of years i'll own one.

Are there any non Type R DC5 integras coming into Ireland? I dont really need all the power of a type R so a replica would do, but would need the DOHC Vtec.

And I've owned a few cars in my life, Alfa 147 and GTV, Gen 4 Celica, Mivec Colt etc so Id say I know enough about cars to say that Type R's are a great car for what they are - sporty, pretty quick, well priced and very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 65,451 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bryn wrote: »

Nice one :)

Back in my day as a student, we only had money for beer. My biggest investment in a durable good was 5 pound for a black and white tele without remote :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Ive always loved the type R's, but the DC5 integra Type R is a stunner. Hopefully over the next couple of years i'll own one.

Are there any non Type R DC5 integras coming into Ireland? I dont really need all the power of a type R so a replica would do, but would need the DOHC Vtec.

And I've owned a few cars in my life, Alfa 147 and GTV, Gen 4 Celica, Mivec Colt etc so Id say I know enough about cars to say that Type R's are a great car for what they are - sporty, pretty quick, well priced and very reliable
    Ya, there's the 2 litre from the Accord in them, 156bhp roughly. There was one for sale in Tipp for a year or more. Wouldn't recommend buying a non-type R DC5, same tax, nearly the same price and running costs, but completely sale proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I drive a honda integra type r. Im a student

Bring back third level fees:D:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

OP, why not ring the insurance companies to find out? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Biro wrote: »
    Ya, there's the 2 litre from the Accord in them, 156bhp roughly. There was one for sale in Tipp for a year or more. Wouldn't recommend buying a non-type R DC5, same tax, nearly the same price and running costs, but completely sale proof!

Its the insurance though. its not going to happen. Im 25, full licence held 2 years, 1 year NCB and 1 fault accident (it was only 600euros damage why didnt I just pay out myself!).

Am going to go onto Quinn D now nd compare prices

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Cosmo K wrote: »
    Bring back third level fees:D:D!

AIB were just stupid enough to give me a loan :P

Advertisement