Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many games coming out in next 2-3 weaks!

Options
  • 26-10-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I should be happy about it... but... I am really not!

Theres so many promissing titles coming out now ( ofc we dont know are they all good, yet). And they all coming out together.

now i just got dead space, and i whant to buy now: Red alert 3, fallout 3, far cry 2, GOW2, and a few more titles.

But if i buy them all, mine misses will make me sleep in on the carpet for next 3 months!

Its nice to see some good games coming out after such dead few months. But not all at same time!!!

Mine wallet will be bleeding for a good few weaks now ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. It will be interesting to see which ones become overlooked classics.

Poor old Beyond Good and Evil came out at the same time as a batch of other highly anticipated titles and got completely overlooked.

The sequels will probably fare better... it's Dead Space and Mirrors Edge that might suffer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yep. It will be interesting to see which ones become overlooked classics.

Poor old Beyond Good and Evil came out at the same time as a batch of other highly anticipated titles and got completely overlooked.

The sequels will probably fare better... it's Dead Space and Mirrors Edge that might suffer though.

but i think its stupid strategy, to drop so many titles at same time, peoples wallets are not rubbery.

Specially kids, they will be bale to buy only 1-2 games in one month, parents wount spend around 300eu on them alltogether.

Damn, even for myself.... i cant afford to spend so much money now.

it means i wil be leaving alot of titles on shelfs atleast for 1-2 month after release...

Waiting for holiday season = bad idea. Rockstar did great thing, they got gta before summer. When nothing good was coming out, so they sold so many copys...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

but i think its stupid strategy, to drop so
    Waiting for holiday season = bad idea. Rockstar did great thing, they got gta before summer. When nothing good was coming out, so they sold so many copys...

yeah, cause it wouldnt have sold so many copies if it was released now :rolleyes:

the more competition the better i say, the more games released the better.. bring em on..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

next wk alone theres fallout 3 and red alert 3,following wk or the wk after theres men of war (according to play.com its been pushed back to the new yr :s)and also in november theres call of duty 5,dont think theres to much more i coming out that I want this yr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I should be happy about it... but... I am really not!

Theres so many promissing titles coming out now ( ofc we dont know are they all good, yet). And they all coming out together.

now i just got dead space, and i whant to buy now: Red alert 3, fallout 3, far cry 2, GOW2, and a few more titles.

But if i buy them all, mine misses will make me sleep in on the carpet for next 3 months!

Its nice to see some good games coming out after such dead few months. But not all at same time!!!

Mine wallet will be bleeding for a good few weaks now ! :D

Don't forget Mirrors Edge, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Call of Duty 5....And then theres Street Fighter IV in February and Resident 5 shortly after. It seems this is the best year for games in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 legend1981

exciting times..i do find myself waiting for games to go platnuim tho...is that such a bad thing....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Releasing so many good games so quickly leaves the average punter with no choice but to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is GoW2 coming out on PC at the same time as console ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

MooseJam wrote: »
    Releasing so many good games so quickly leaves the average punter with no choice but to download

No wonder multi platform developers are dropping making pc games! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

They arent porting it to PC this time around.
    Well, thats what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dont forget COD5, lich king.... burnout paradise on the PC is out, GTAIV too... god darnit...

dont think there dropping them, just releasing them later :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

No wonder multi platform developers are dropping making pc games! :pac:

yeah, cause NO ONE pirates console games..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The proportion of people pirating console games is tiny by comparison.

I'm really just excited about Mirrors Edge (and SF2HD). The rest are just the usual sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

mawk wrote: »
    yeah, cause NO ONE pirates console games..

Any Pc that is capable of running a retail copy is more than likely capable of running a pirated copy, there is no modification needed.

compare that to consoles. The Ps3 cant even play copied games yet, and your 360 needs to be flashed (which most people aren't capable of doing on there own. )

As has been already said, the percentage of piracy on a pc would much higher than consoles for the above reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »

true m8. I allready got dead space, and i think for now i iwll just get Red alert 3 and WotLK. I will wait to get the rest of the stuff :( . Last month was not very good for mine wallet anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

true m8. I allready got dead space, and i think for now i iwll just get Red alert 3 and WotLK. I will wait to get the rest of the stuff :( . Last month was not very good for mine wallet anyway :(

ditto here, forked out nearly 180 quid last friday alone just for 3 titles.
    expensive start to a bank holi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Have bought Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Fable 2 & Saints Row 2 over the past few weeks, and have GoW2 & Naruto UNS preordered now... Don't think I bought a new game for the best part of 2 months before that!
    Only cost €283 for the lot of them though, and they should keep me going until next year some time, so it's not all bad...

Would've killed for a collection of games like that when I was younger, but now all I want is the free time needed to play them all:(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

So many games out and coming out its hard to choose.

Had to restrain myself from buying both Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway.

So already purchased.
    Left 4 Dead €41.70
    World Of Goo €18.20 (before Steam yanked it us on Europeans)
    Far Cry 2 Collectors Edition €49.99
    Dead Space €40.00

Will certainly add Fallout 3 to this selection as well tomorrow.
    Half tempted to get Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 as well for the co-op mode.
    Call of Duty World At War is almost another certain buy as well.
    GTA 4 on PC shortly coming up as well...there is another although slightly delayed till December according to reports.
    Will certainly pick up Super Steet Fighter 2 HD Remix on the PS3 should be out soon.

If Gears of War 2 was being released on the PC I would get that as well as I liked the first one, co-op was great fun. Dito for Fable 2. PC version of Saints Row 2 has been apparantly delayed till January so I'll wait and see on that one. Have to wait on Mirrors Edge too.....sigh. I was expecting to have to buy FEAR 2 Project Origin and Street Fighter 4 but they have delayed till nexy year as well.

In the end will probably amount to about 8 games and a cost of around €250-€300. My wallet hates me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Saints Row 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour for me.

I'll probably get a few more pc games "other" ways...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I remember listening to a podcast a while back. Can't remember if it was 1up or not.
    They had been interviewing a member of a Dev team who said that even though there is a lot of competition at this time of year, most companies would still make more money now than if they released their game at any other time during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

tman wrote: »
    Naruto UNS preordered now...

Where have you preordered this from? Looking to pick up this game myself.
    tman wrote: »
    Would've killed for a collection of games like that when I was younger, but now all I want is the free time needed to play them all:(

True that :(... I have about 2 hours of free gaming time an evening... Either I spend more time gaming and fall behind in the shows and movies I need to watch, or I sacrifice sleep to game more.

It actually kills me when I learn a game has more than 10 hours of gameplay because I know it will be more than a week before I can finish it.

I've had to begin trimming the fat lately. I've accepted I'll never finish any of my racing games (well apart from the NFS series as they are more story based), I don't play sports games at all. RPG's are pretty low on my list, but I'll probably give Fallout 3 a go as well as the new Final Fantasy. I don't even bother with online gaming anymore as it requires to much time investment.

I will actually choose to play a game now on how short it is. If it's less than 10 hours long it will be at the top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Think I'll top it lads, I've spent about 500 euro on new releases and old games I wanted to try off of eBay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hmm in recent weeks it would be

Far Cry 2
    Fallout 3
    Dead Space
    Left 4 Dead

then its going to be RA3 and COD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Where have you preordered this from? Looking to pick up this game myself.

Good old VG+, works out at about €43.
    Their release date is next Tuesday instead of Friday over here as well

Think I'll top it lads, I've spent about 500 euro on new releases and old games I wanted to try off of eBay!

ouch :D. i will donate about 200eu for games in two next weaks. Mine woman hates me for that :D.

Advertisement