Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designated Parking Spaces

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Don't worry about it bally, if everyone checked out facts on boards before posting AH wouldn't exist!

Personally i think its right to have them next to a path, some people drive like they're an F1 driver in car parks so i'd much prefer my child to be able to get out of the car, into the buggy ad straight onto the path without having to walk through the car park at all.

Although tbh i usually walk to the shops so rarely take a space, but it can be frustrating when you see non parents parking in those spaces and you've to park in a smaller space where getting buggy and baby out is next to impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Ludo wrote: »
    I seriously doubt you can get a ticket for parking in a P+C spot if you don't have a child.

I know some UK and NI supermarkets (e.g. Asda) are fining people for parking in disabled parking spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I know some UK and NI supermarkets (e.g. Asda) are fining people for parking in disabled parking spots.

Yeah I read about that a while ago. Although disabled parking spots do have some standing in law (regardless of being on private property or not?). Did these fines apply to P+C spots also?

Either way...people who park in disabled spots or P+C spots when they don't have kids in the car are just arrogant and ignorant. They can make all the excuses they want about having kids is a choice etc, etc, but it is pure selfishness and ignorance on their part.

It would never have even crossed my mind to park in P+C or pregnant woman spots (our local tesco has these) before I had kids myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Ludo wrote: »
    Yeah I read about that a while ago. Although disabled parking spots do have some standing in law (regardless of being on private property or not?). Did these fines apply to P+C spots also?

When i lived in UK, Tescos had the best idea ever. They had P&C parking spaces right beside the trollies and door, but you had to have a disc to park in them. You obtained a disc by going to customers services in the shop... it cost nothing. There were warnings all over the spaces that if you did not have a disc for parking in these spots you would be fined. Not a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I agree.I have 2 kids 1 is nearly 4 but every time I go into lidl and park into a parent and child space the security guy writes a note in marker and puts it under my wiper NO PARKING dunno wat dats about

I guess you should actually bring the kids along...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have only used one of the P+C spaces very occassionally, but what gets me is people parking so close that you can't open the door fully to put the kids in.
    It is hard enough to try and manage 2 small kids in a busy carpark without being restricted to 18" of door opening space.
    The last time that happened I had to squeeze between the two cars and ended up taking a big gouge of paint out of the offending car when my pocket clip caught as I tried to squeeze back out.
    Sorry 'bout that but next time don't park so close to me....:mad:
    TBH it is pretty typical of the Me fein attitude that people would park in disabled and P+C spaces without giving it a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oh well , okay

People parking too close annoys me as well but taking a large gouge of paint out of the offending cars paintwork and feeling they deserved it is a bit of an over-reaction wouldn't you say ? Doing it in front of your children and ignoring the damage is a lovely lesson to be teaching them too . Then you cap it all off by giving out about peoples selfish attitude , pot and kettle springs to mind .

Advertisement