Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Dublin choirs interested in new A cappella works?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Ok, I don't want this to seem pretentious and I hope i'm not breaking any rules,
    but would any choirs, or choral directors be interested in performing new choral works by a Dublin choral composer?
    There are 2 scores, one Magnificat and one Kyrie, circa 6 and 3 minutes respectively.
    The Magnificat is for SSAATTB and The Kyrie is for AATTBBB
    Even if you have any inclination I'd be more than happy to send one or both.
    Please Pm me if you're interested and we can talk!

Thanks,
    Ben.

P.s Sorry for leaving it so late in the season, scores don't typeset themselves!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Also completed a setting of Tenebrae Factae Sunt (c4.5 mins.) recently, and I am working on a new English language text at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Norrdeth,

Would you be considered in entering it in the competition in Logic House? Martin o' Leary and 2 others picks the winner.

Oh, and if you see Paddy Devine, sock him in the nuts for me. He's after pushing one of our exams from wednesday to tomorrow.

*Rage*

But yeah, hand it in to Martin. And ask him if the choir will sing it.

Oh yeah the Tenebrae one is for the competition deadline on the 9th, but in case I don't win, I was hoping to hear it anyway.
    Me n' Funky P. are thinking of getting a home made choir hand picked to do some of our stuff for the 2nd year concert if time allows! Will be fun if it gets off the ground!

I'll keep me eyes out for P. Diddy, the crafty devil!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Norrdeth:

I have a choir which might be interested in performing some of your works. You should write a Nunc Dimmitis and a Gloria to go with your Magnificat and it could be a useful addition to the repertoire of Anglican evening canticles. ;)

Since we're only recently formed I don't reckon we could hack divided parts just yet, especially as our numbers are not too many yet. But anything SATB sounds good. :) Interested in the Tenebrae...if you'd like to email me something I'll give it a look anyway, though I can't promise anything yet. Though we might give something small a performance in a church setting as soon as our first gig is out of the way. :)

Email is doshea3 at gmail.

Sent you an email man!

• Advertisement

I've arranged my Kyrie for male choir, in case there are any all male choirs interested in a new work for male voices. The scoring is TTTTBBB and has a performance time of about 2.5 minutes.

Also I have completed a new English language work entitled
    'The Lark Sings'. It's scored for SATB divisi, and lasts about 5 minutes.

If interested in any of these works, please email me
    and I can arrange sending you a score.

gabriel.mchugh@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Ben.

Advertisement