Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and TV in edenwood

Options
  • 26-10-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

??Hello,

I am new to edenwood and have noticed a broadworks box in my living room. Is it possible to get NTL in this apartment complex ?

Also, does anyone use them for broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Francob wrote: »
    ??Hello,

I am new to edenwood and have noticed a broadworks box in my living room. Is it possible to get NTL in this apartment complex ?

Also, does anyone use them for broadband?

Use Eircom for Broadband and one of my neighbours has ntl digital I usually go over to his to cheer on "you boys in Green", I'll ask him for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

TV is crap and if your renting your stuck with it.

Haven't tried BB but i enquired about it. 2meg up and down with a cap of 1GB per day for €30 a month. For an extra €2 you can have 10meg and no cap with NTL. So that was an instant no no for me.

http://www.broadworks.tv/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Just rented a house in Eden Wood - Are broadworks my only TV option? They seem very expensive for essentially what you would get from a dish and a freeview box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

mmcm888 wrote: »
    Just rented a house in Eden Wood - Are broadworks my only TV option? They seem very expensive for essentially what you would get from a dish and a freeview box.

Im afraid so. You could risk Sky. Maybe if landlord is easy going he might agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Thanks for the info Damo. They seem to have a poor reputation for broadband from what I could gather from the broadband forum.
    I'll see how it goes for setting up SKY - I've a back garden - sort of south facing - where I could stick one of those cant-believe-its-not-a-dish devices. The only problem is getting the cable into the house without drilling holes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement