Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby boy Baptisim Present.

Options
  • 26-10-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

Im not sure if this is the right forum, so mods please move if necessary.

Right, my brother and his wife have just had their first child, a healthy baby boy and our parents first grandchild.

Now, he has asked me to be his godfather, which i was delighted about, needless to say, but i cant think for the life f me what gift i will buy the baby.

Id love any suggestions but my budget is about €200, (im skint rather than mean...)

Now what i do have in mind is something that the child can have as a keepsake for the rest of his life. I have seen some websites that offer a service where you take an impression of the babies finger print and they make jewelery out of it, Kind of like a necklace pendant made of silver with the babies small fingerprint on it.

But the baptism is in 2 weeks so i wouldn't have time to do that but it might give you an idea of along what lines im thinking of.

Some months ago i saw a website that sold finger rings in the size of the newborn babies finger, not to wear but to have as a keepsake for life (to remind them of how small they were).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

The Godfathers traditional gift is a silver spoon, you could get that engraved with babys name or date of baptism etc? Other than that you could ask could you get the baptism candle-they might want to get it themselves though. A baby blanket with the name of the baby embroidered on it, a first tooth and curl gift set, a photo frame- you can get lovely ones with babys first year on them and a collection of mini photos in one a4 frame.

For my daughters christening her godfather who was also her uncle got a baptism candle, a christening balloon (she's mad about balloons), a christening bear (one of those grey bears with the blue nose-very cute!), a silver rattle and a little rosary beads. It was all very sweet. I don't think you need to spend anything like 200 euro unless you're getting a spoon from tiffanys!

And Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

A voucher for a photograph session.

You can never have enough precious pictures of junior!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Whatever you do don't buy them a silver photo frame - I've a press full of the feckin things after my kid's Christening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

eamon234 wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't buy them a silver photo frame - I've a press full of the feckin things after my kid's Christening.

I think that greatly depends, i didn't get any silver photo frames, i did get a beautiful flower one. I love photos of special moments so i'd be delighted with a press load of nice photo frames as gifts. I think the engraving name/date setc really addes a special unique touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

one of those memory kits... you know... where you can make a mould of their hands and feet. Its more for the parents but I will be a very nice physical memory they can have when their older ... im not sure but i think they cost about 50yoyos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement