Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theres a thin side of me waiting to get out!

• 26-10-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I've finally decided to take this getting fitter and losing weight seriously after a few years of denial and pure indulgence and getting dumped for being too fat.

I'm 25 years of age and should be in the prime of life but at 11 stone :eek: I feel inadequate and basically like a frump around my friends who seem to have no bother keeping their figures. I think sometimes I forget how I look to other people cause in my mind I'm still the old size 10 (see denial) but when I see photos of myself I cringe cause I don't think its the real me that gets showed off to the world.......

So, recently I've started running in the gym 3 times a week. At the mo I can only make it to 3km in 20 mins but over the next few weeks I hope to build on this - my ultimate running goal is to complete a half marathon during 2009 :rolleyes:. So to help me with this, I've decided to post my progress here and map out my path to a thinner me.

So here it goes:

Week 1:

Weight: 11 stone
    Runs: 6km this week (a bit poor cause I was staying with a friend for the week)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ms Honeydew

Right so I decided not to go out with the girls tonight and am just heading out the door to go for a run in town instead. But first I said I'd take my before measurements and see if these have reduced in the next few weeks.

Waist 33.5 inches
    Hips 40 inches
    Tum at bellybutton (cringe) 37 inches
    Upper thigh 24.5 inches
    Just above knee 18 inches
    Calf 15.5 inches
    Mid arm 12 inches

Now to go for that run.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ms Honeydew

I have been very bold at keeping updates on here but have very little internet access with the past few weeks, went on holidays for a week and been very very busy with work. But I have kept the running up and I've managed to lose 6 llbs!

Advertisement