Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scans - no heartbeat!!

• 26-10-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all
    I've just had my first scan, which I'm about 6 weeks and 3 days and there was a sac there ... but no heartbeat. The Dr said not to be concerned and to come back in week to have another scan.

When did ye all have your first scan and hear a heartbeat?

A worried girley!

Glit! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

Hi Glittergirl, I'm 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and i have my scan tomorrow evening, so i'll let you know if there is a hearbeat then, and if not, what the gynacologist says about it. Cos by then I'll be exactly a week away from where you are today.

Try not to worry too much, and hopefully the week will pass quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi Glittergirl

I deliberately waited until 91/2 weeks for my first scan so a heartbeat would be sure to be heard. It's not unusual not to hear the heartbeat so early but obviously it's stressful.

Best Wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I believe its about 8 weeks that you can first see the heartbeat by ultrasound. I had a scan at 6 weeks and couldn't see a heartbeat either, it was just a relief to see the pregnancy sac!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi glittergal..

Was there any reason why you went for an early scan? Did you have an abdominal scan or internal?

It is usually around 8 weeks before they detect the heartbeat.

Fingers and toes crossed for you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

At the time they though it was 8 weeks. Later, it turned out he was younger. My son... the lima bean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Glittergirl

Hi all
    Thanks for the support ... fingers crossed eh? Yeah, I've done quite a bit of research and there are lot of people who had early scans and had no hearbeat so we'll wait another week.

Popel - good luck with your scan girl!!! Should be grand for you.

Quality - don't know why I scanned so early ... the Dr just told me to go in for this scan? Maybe its cause the last time I was preggers, I miscarried and also I am 38 years of age! Awld hag!!

Anyway, I'll let ye know how I get on next week, PG!

Cheerio.

Glit x

Well Glittergirl, I said i´d let you know how my scan went.

There was a very clear heartbeat on the screen, it actually took up half of teh white smudge in the black blob (you know what i´m talking about i hope), though there was no sound so we couldnt actually hear it.

But i am a full week later than you, and our little white smudge is still teeny tiny, only 9.1mm.

Best of luck again, and let us know how it goes next week.
    Popel

Oh Popel, that's so great. I found the first scan so nerve wracking and it's brilliant to see the little bean beating away. Congratulations and best of luck.

Thanks Grawns :)

Hello Popel
    That is fantastic news! I'm delighted for you!

I'll let you know how I get on next week. I have a good feeling about it ... somehow? My stomach is churning and making lots of noises and stuff, so hopefully by next week, we'll have a heartbeat!

Take care and Good Luck!

Glit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thats very early to be getting a scan, the earliest I had one was at 12 weeks, dont worry,,, :):)

Hi everyone
    Had my second scan yesterday at 7.2 weeks and still no heartbeat. The Dr. said it doesn't look good.

Also I noticed this morning that my breasts are not as tender as they were before so it looks like I"ll be going through my second miscarriage ... this year!

I am sooooo sick about this and really hoped I would be posting good news.

Anyway, have to wait now and have a D&C etc. etc.

I'm just so depressed at the moment. Looking for the highest building to jump off of.

Take care everyone.

Oh Glittergirl. I'm so sad to hear that. It's what we all fear the most and for it to happen twice in one year is unbearable. I'm thinking of you.

Oh Glittergirl, I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself in the coming weeks, I hope you start feeling better sometime soon.

Thinking of you,
    Popel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Glittergirl I am sorry that you are going through this again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

As others said glittergirl, i'm so sorry you're going through this. Its a horrible experience. Look after yourself, my prayers are with you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Glittergirl, i'm so sorry. You will be in my prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mind Hunter 85

No words can make it better I know, but I'm so sorry this is happening to you again and your in my thoughts and prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

My heart goes out to you GG. It's a very stressful time I know. Can't really say anything else at the moment. So sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Glittergirl, I'm so sorry, once is awful, it's just not right that you should have to go through it again. Look after yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am so sorry Glittergal.
    Take care of yourself and Mr Glitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Oh Glitter Girl, I hope you are doing ok, no words will be of comfort, my heart goes out to you, take care of your self

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I'm so sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

You poor thing, try and remember to take care of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

I am so sorry glittergirl for you and your hubby. All the best wishes. I hope you are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Deepest heartfelt hugs to you and mr. glitter

Advertisement